PDA

View Full Version : City and Guilds 7280 Airline Operations Course

capital1
9th Aug 2003, 20:21
Was wondering if anyone out there has done or looking to do the City & Guilds 7280 Airline Operations and Dispatch course offered by Avtech 2000 ??

http://www.wc99.dial.pipex.com/ops_des.htm

I would be interested if anyone has any up to date comments on this course. I read the Glasgow Ops course thread with interest, but that seems to have died a death.

Thanks in advance
Cap 1

bobdcatt
10th Aug 2003, 01:01
Yup it's great starting point as no Ops folks are licenced in the UK, though we tried very, very hard in the early 70's with the GBFOO to get this sorted with the CAA & all AOC holders.

First input was from a few folks at what was then known as Memrykord a Lockheed Co. now known as Jeppesen UK.

Call Doug Aspinall @ Saudia Dispatch LHR.

Bob

FEBA
11th Aug 2003, 22:27
Crickey is Doug still working???
What's his tel nbr?
FEBA
(dont remember you in Bush House Horley!)

Confirmed Must Ride
15th Aug 2003, 18:13
Good grounding for people with no experience. Completed all 5 City & Guilds a few years ago. If have experience but need qualifications go for the Glasgow course - I am halfway through it myself

bobdcatt
15th Aug 2003, 20:41
Bowler (like the hat) was my best buddy, maybe I was shacked up elsewhere, but after Dave went and I came back from Saudi Bert asked to come to MKL for a few months. 18 years later I left to rest awhile, now opened an office for Baha Hadid at LGW.

Cheers

FEBA
15th Aug 2003, 22:41
BobCatt
Please PM me
FEBA

capital1
17th Aug 2003, 16:28
Thanks for the info

was just wondering as the web site indicates the 7280 follows the ICAO Doc syllabus, so wondered if it would suffice for any possible certification of Ops Bods that may come from the CAA in future ??

The Glasgow course is a little more expensive and from what I've read on a here, a little overkill ??

Thks
Cap1

MriyaDream
17th Aug 2003, 21:22
:ok: I did both the City & Guilds Aviation Studies & Advanced Aviation Studies course (Ops/Dispatch) & can highly recommend it. It does make a diffirence if you get a good tutor (obviously that is in the lap of the gods), as on my course we got B742 & B744 simulator trip with BA at Cranebank plus a trip to Fed Ex Ops at STN care of our tutor. Thinks may have changed as I did my C&G course back in the early 90's, good luck if you go for it!

Wish me luck, I'm off to the States in October to do my FAA Dispatchers course.......