PDA

View Full Version : Pisa

dannyo
8th Aug 2003, 22:19
I've just returned to good ole blighty after a fantastic week in Tuscany.

Flight out there was fine (thanks once again to those with harps on their tails!!)

Arrival at Pisa was.........mmmmm....let me think........how can I put this..........lets be polite.............BUSY!!!!!

Going to have to rant now I'm afraid!

Got through to baggage reclaim without any problems but then that's pretty usual unless you've got to have visas processed etc... Then all hell broke loose!! One belt for our flight which again is pretty normal for a 737. Only problem - I've seen bigger belts on the tills at me local supermarket!!! That coupled with the bloke next to me who insisted on having his kids by his side all the while he was fighting for his bags left me in a right royal mood I have to say.

Had a car booked with a partner of those with harps on their tails so proceeded to queue at their desk for nearly an hour before we got attended to. By now the mood is getting a touch on the tetchy side!

The return journey was not much better! Hoardes and hoardes of people crowding into a small check in area and then into a comparably similar sized departure area.

The problem really lies I reckon in the fact that there are too many people trying to use a small airport.

Does anyone know of any plans to extend PSA? If they don't, I think I'll be flying into Firenze or Forli next trip to Tuscany.

Has anyone else had a similar experience here?

OK, rant over!

:*

malanda
15th Aug 2003, 22:08
We went through PSA in May, and it was very quiet both arriving (10am Saturday), and departing (midday Saturday). We were on a 767, two-thirds full on the way out, and jam-packed on return. Maybe you were just unlucky.

There was some building work going on in the departure lounge, so possibly they are increasing capacity.