PDA

View Full Version : ATCO Vacancy at Lands End

tower-power
8th Aug 2003, 22:12
Tower only position - interested? E-mail me (click 'Profile').

5milesbaby
10th Aug 2003, 00:11
Surely your not leaving Chris? Had heard you'd taken it all on now though - any room for a radar controller? :}

tower-power
10th Aug 2003, 01:29
Radar - now that would be nice !!

I'm still happily (?!!) rooted down here. Its our South African colleague who is leaving us to go back home (better wx or something !!).

Know anyone who's interested? Between 22k - 24k starting salary (negotiable) depending on experience. Good watch roster. Nice part of the country (view over the sea and the Scilly Isles.......!! Go on, you know your tempted !! ). Depending on response and grape-vine will put advert in Flight shortly.

Cheers.

Scott Voigt
10th Aug 2003, 04:11
Man if I were only ready to retire <G>. That would indeed be a nice retirement posting...

Scott

Hippy
10th Aug 2003, 04:15
Any chance of sponsorship? Okay then :(

contact_tower
10th Aug 2003, 05:57
Between 22k - 24k starting salary

Is this a typical starting salary for small twr jobs in the UK? :sad:

(Don't worry, not after anyone's job, know it's close to impossible to get a job for a "ailien")

Cuddles
11th Aug 2003, 18:36
Contact Tower.

What's the starting salary for small twr jobs over with you then?

contact_tower
11th Aug 2003, 19:35
After some carefull calculation...... about 30.5K before tax at the smallest towers, and up to 35K at the larger units.

(This is for newly graduated ATCOs, if you move you allways maintain your seniority, even when moving from a big to a small unit!)

Acording to a recent study for a Oslo newspaper, the average salary for a ATCO in Norway is 53.4K, but that seems a bit more then the real world! :p

LN-ATC
12th Aug 2003, 11:24
I have been in that nice tower at Land's End! When I studied ATC at Bailbrook College, a few of us (Norwegian ATCO trainees) went to Cornwall for a weekend trip. We stopped by the small airport with three crossing grass runways, and paid a visit to the tower. I would love to work there, ...if I were 60 or something (and held a UK CAA license). :cool:

Regarding the Norwegian salary. It's worth mentioning that living costs in Norway are generally higher than in most other European countries. I believe that explains at least a few Łk of the difference.

Contact_tower: You should be even more careful with those numbers. We don't want any foreigners to take our secure and well paid jobs away from us, do we? ;)

Barnaby the Bear
12th Aug 2003, 18:44
30 somrthing K, and a country full of beautiful Norwegian ladies???!!!!!!..............Tower Power, we need words!!! :}

contact_tower
12th Aug 2003, 20:45
You should be even more careful with those numbers. We don't want any foreigners to take our secure and well paid jobs away from us, do we?

To my slightly nervous friend, and you UK lot: There aren't any vacancies...... :}

Hippy
12th Aug 2003, 23:08
Hang on, don't you have to re-mortgage at least 3 raindeer to be able to afford a pint up there?

contact_tower
12th Aug 2003, 23:55
Well, alcohol is not cheap, thanx to the goverment and it's taxes.
A night out will get you quite close to bankrupcy, a pint will set you back about 4 quid! :E

niknak
13th Aug 2003, 06:00
No different from Cornwall in the Summer then! :rolleyes:

I'm afraid that the salary offered wouldn't buy you a hovel in Lands End, and although it's a wonderful place to be in the summer, out of season, especially in the winter, it can be a desolate and grim place to be.

I don't know if you'll get any interest Chris, but if you want someone long term, why not chat up the local Enterprise Board and get them to fund the costs of training a couple of local people,
otherwise you'll be going through this process every couple of years.

5milesbaby
13th Aug 2003, 06:39
you obviously haven't heard his chat up lines...... :mad:

Barnaby the Bear
13th Aug 2003, 21:04
I take it you have! Go on spill the beans who are you? I work with Chris.......er .....I mean Tower Power. Whats the gossip???
The money is not the highest, but then for Cornwall it isn't bad. And with very few tower only positions available, its an opportunity.

I don't think life time commitment is required.

(But more money would be good!!!!!)

5milesbaby
14th Aug 2003, 02:25
Having lived with him for around 6 months in Bournemouth, and then abused him as my usher, I could say that I know him :ouch:

Speaking of which Chris, the girls are planning a house reunion party which they say you cannot get out of coming to. I think areas can be negotiated if you are up for it. Bout time we all came down to visit you I say, the blonde one will be in touch no doubt :ok: