PDA

View Full Version : SAA Employment

freightdog727
8th Aug 2003, 21:37
Servus,

Iīm looking to fly for SAA,or any other soth african 737 operator,
(tired of europe).I donīt know any south african pilot personally,so maybe somebody can help,cause I heard a lot of different stories. I have about 3000h total,1000h turbo-prop rocker and another 1500 on 737-400/800.Is there any chance to get work permit without marrying or paying thousands of buckīs?
Thankīs for every information!
Also Iīm intersted in pay and Duty conditions of SAA,thankīs
So far...

whiskeyfour
8th Aug 2003, 21:41
freightdog727,

Sorry mate, there is very little chance of you coming right with SAA or any other South African operator if you are not a citizen or resident. If you were a trainer and had lots of hours you might come right with Interair for example.

Try Kenya Airways - there is a thread on this forum.

(Edited for speliing)

skyvan
10th Aug 2003, 06:07
The SAA website shows the minimum requirements.

Basically 500hrs, SA CPL, SA citizen.

Latest rumours show recruitment approved for 40 new pilots, needed fairly soon due probable early arrival of smaller Airbust. ( I wonder what gift is given if you buy enough tupperware? ;) )

Skaz
10th Aug 2003, 20:45
You cannot use the req's on the website as any kind of guideline at all. They have CV's up the jazoo of guys with 5000TT plus.

And apart from that, you forgot the one little magic ingredient to your genetic make-up that otherwise disqualifies you....welcome to the new RSA.

Compare their req's with Airlink or SAX...does not compute.:*

SkyBat
11th Aug 2003, 05:05
Sunday Times of today has advertisment for pilots(SAA).

Goldfish Jack
13th Aug 2003, 13:41
and all this for a company which according to this morning's paper, to quote a government source is "technically insolvent".

Just make sure they give you a pension scheme, you can manage yourself!!

Good luck

clipboard
13th Aug 2003, 15:17
:) The demise of SAA started with the employ of Conman Andrews. Sold the hardware & deposited the money, and posted a huge profit. ;) Ha, not operating profit, but money received for goods sold. Misled the public and the shareholders, and 2 years later he was out, when the Board realized their mistake with this boy. From there the name change from Coleman to Conman. SAA has been battling ever since, because Conman took decisions, which strategically, bore no fruits for the company. Then he left with a 220 million rand golden handshake after the 2 years as President and CEO. I have often wondered, if the extra 20 million rands was not taken as an extra and deposited offshore for the guru who was kind to him, and who facilitated his golden handshake? Eeesssch, what empowerment is'nt all about huh?:* (More like enrichment)

Other than its fair share of financial problems, the only thing that is really good in the airline is the cockpit crew. Some of the best of the best. The cabin crew?:yuk: Service is bad, communication is bad, training is bad, food is bad, what can one say? It all sucks.

:ugh: I'm not a fan of this airline!

Good luck to ya all:ok: