PDA

View Full Version : New Thai Carrier

tomjrobertson
8th Aug 2003, 19:14
A new Thai carrier called 'Thai Pacific Airlines' will start flights to Sydney, Seol, Osaka, and Honolulu from October 1st. Already have a Philipino captain. I'm sure there will be other openings for foreign pilots. Go get em!

777Efoh
8th Aug 2003, 20:00
Hi there,

Did a search on the internet but couldn't find any info on Thai Pacific Airlines. Would you kindly post aircraft types, who to contact/address/fax/email, remuneration etc?

Thanks!

777EfoH

8th Aug 2003, 22:46
I just read 2 articels in the Bangkok Post about this start-up. They talking, that Thai Pacific Airkines wants to lease at beginning 2 B-747-200 from Kuwait Airways. With this 2 A/C they want to operate Sidney, daily. Lateron they want to take 3 more.

Unfortunately there is only a name of a local thai (CEO) but nothing else...

I will try to find out more, when I am in BKK.

CFIT
9th Aug 2003, 22:12
Here is the article from Bangkok Post on Aug. 8th, 2003.

AIRLINES

Founder says Thai Pacific has right prescription

Service to Sydney starting in October

Nondhanada Intarakomalyasut

The enthusiastic, optimistic and ambitious allergy doctor Vasan Singhamany yesterday officially announced the launch of his Thai Pacific Airways (TPA).

Dr Vasan hopes to have within the next 12 months 11 Boeing 747s in TPA's fleet, opening new routes from Asia to Australia, Europe and North America, during a time when many long-established international airlines are struggling to stay afloat.

Dr Vasan said he was under no pressure to launch the service as his financial support was derived from his American professor who owns a pharmaceutical factory in the US.

He said that the professor had lent him enough funds to initially lease two 25-year-old B747-200s from Kuwait Airways without charging any interest.

``We have a rare and special relationship. Who would believe a foreigner would be so generous?''

The first two aircraft are set to serve a daily Bangkok-Sydney flight, which will begin on Oct 1.

Three more B747-200s are slated for delivery by year's end for the Bangkok to Seoul and Bangkok-Osaka-Honolulu routes.

He said the leasing cost of the five aircraft for a three-year period was 400 million baht apiece.

Next year, TPA will lease another six B747-400s to serve three new long-haul routes _ Bangkok-London, Bangkok-Athens and Bangkok-Vancouver.

The Bangkok-Sydney route will focus on Thai students who study in Australia and European leisure travellers who come to Thailand by other airlines and wish to carry on to Australia.

TPA had signed code-sharing agreements with several airlines to take up the European visitors from Bangkok to Sydney, Dr Vasan said, without providing any details.

He said the Bangkok-Sydney routes had attracted many reservations up until next March.

Since Olympic Airways of Greece stopped its service from Athens to Bangkok late last year, Dr Vasan believes Thai Pacific Airlines can woo Greek passengers travelling to Thailand and Australia.

He said TPA was looking for other potential destinations as there were several cities that national carrier Thai Airways International had not tapped.

Dr Vasan expressed confidence that the airline, which has 200 million baht in paid-up capital, would break even within three years.

He said TPA's strong point was its attractive airfares with luxury services including foot massages from professional masseurs. The massage service will be provided in the upper deck of the aircraft where the first-class compartment is located.

Unlike other carrier's first-class section, TPA will decorate it in the style of a living room with sofas and a bar for its premium passengers, he said.

``As my cost of funding is low, I have no stress about running the service and would be able to offer low-cost fares for customers.''

He did not reveal the airfares but said they would be lower than those of most other airlines with more luxurious services.

However, he acknowledged that its weak point was brand awareness, given that TPA was a brand-new airline. However, a marketing and promotional budget of 120 million baht a year should help the carrier make inroads.

:cool:

kwaiyai
10th Aug 2003, 14:53
Might be worth Checking out www.climbto350.com for a start,
I saw Orient Thai looking for Tristar crew again.
Good luck.:cool:

Traffic
10th Aug 2003, 20:27
A real windup if ever I saw one....

CFIT...most appropriate.

B772
11th Aug 2003, 10:38
Fat chance of commencing in October, another pipe dreamer.

Bubbette
11th Aug 2003, 10:44
a general question: when a new airline such as this supposedly starts, are they aiming to take market share away from other airlines or to get new fliers?

kwaiyai
25th Aug 2003, 13:08
Something must be happening here though. Ive heard rumours and also seems to be an advert for 747 trg skips and spanners and line crew.
Regards.:cool:

777Efoh
25th Aug 2003, 16:43
kwaiyai,

keep us posted if you hear anything concrete will ya?

thanks.

ZFT
27th Aug 2003, 08:09
There seems to be a lot more to this.

The Nation (Thai newspaper) reported that Orient Thai are also leasing up to 6 B757s. There are engineering instructors from another S E Asian carrier here training ground mechs.

Also full page adverts over the weekend for TPA cabin crew and adverts yesterday for Orient Thai cabin crew.

kwaiyai
27th Aug 2003, 12:09
777efoh, wilco, I am due BKK 12th next month for a few days.
Regards :cool: suggest you look climbto350 though Orient Thai are advertising for 747/200 crew.

Cool banana
26th Apr 2004, 14:12
Whats the lastest status of Thai Pacific Airlines?

Are they still flying and what type of aircraft are they operating?

Taikonaut
26th Apr 2004, 18:42
They are done...