PDA

View Full Version : Just got a CX app in the mail...

ChinaClipper
8th Aug 2003, 10:00
and have a few questions 1) Under "Flying Experience" they ask for "Command Hours"..any real difference between US Pilot in Command Rules and what CX is looking for? Sounds like a no brainer for Sked airline time, but how about under the Single column? Instructor time? 2) Has anyone figured out how to get all the information "...in the boxes provided..." per the instructions? Scan to PDF? XLS? 3) Anyone want to share what they put in the "Why do you wish to join Cathay" or any other fill in the blanks? Thanks Clip...BTW E mail app last week got a app. postmarked the next day...

kazumichik
9th Aug 2003, 08:39
China Clipper,

Stupid question. You email them an application and they send you an application. Huh? You mean you email them a request and they post you an application? Or do you send them a cv first then they send you a package if they think what you put on your cv merits it.

Sorry I can't help you with YOUR question. But I'm guessing that command means PIC as defined by FAA FARs.

Anyway, how's the application going? Is there a fee? Have they given you a timeline or anything?

Hang in there.

ChinaClipper
9th Aug 2003, 11:47
Kazumichik, Last line should read "...emailed cv last week, application postmarked the next day...." Twas a LONG day! No fee, no timeline, just a cover letter explaing the app (except for my questions!) Sony, wild guess understood, the app is not clear (to these US eyes) as to how the nuances between differing country's regs should be documented. Anyone else? I'll keep posting the process if it helps.......

ChinaClipper
11th Aug 2003, 00:55
Anyone have the E mail addy for Carol D. in Pilot Recruitment? Gracias!!!!!

ae-jacko
11th Aug 2003, 04:59
Whats your time?

mjbow2
16th Aug 2003, 23:21
Under the Heading 'Flight Crew Licences'

Multi Engine Instrument Rating Valid Until?.....

I also have an FAA certificate. As far as I know my instrument rating does not expire. As long as I meet the currency requirements there is no 'expiry date'......

will call Carol on Mon, however any clues in the mean time what I should put there?

mjb

nike
20th Aug 2003, 15:58
mjbow2,

do you need to do a 12 month renewal as part of your currency requirements?

if so put down the date that your IFR rating will run out based on your last renewal date + 12 months

Gravox
23rd Aug 2003, 18:08
I sent a CV off to CX a few weeks ago, and recieved a PFO letter (Please F Off) stating that I don't meet their minimum requirements.
For a 2nd officer position I fulfil all requirements, and a little bit more. the only thing i may think off is that age it states comensurate with experience. Does CX have a minimum age in which they will hire.

Should I send another letter stating that I do met their requirements and would like an application form. Or do you not automatically get an application form when sending in a copy of your cv?

Any replies appreciated to place my mind at ease.
Cheers

404 Titan
24th Aug 2003, 10:27
mkeelan

That is total b*lls**t. A very large number of the S/O’s being employed at the moment are over the age of 30. The oldest that I am aware of is 38. He had about 5500 hrs. Infact there is a lot of talk going on in the AOA about why the housing allowance for new S/O’s is still half the normal zone allowance given that such a large number of the new S/O’s now are over the age of 30, married and with children. CX doesn’t publicly say what the maximum age is for S/O’s, but it would appear to be about 40 years old.