PDA

View Full Version : View From The Top

MissShagwell
7th Aug 2003, 20:53
Hi Guys,

Has anyone seen 'View From The Top', the new movie with Gwyneth Paltrow playing the lead role as a Flight Attendant?? If so, what did you think and is it worth the $13.

Shaggs :E

nickmelb
8th Aug 2003, 09:01
To be honest I was really looking forward to this movie for the last 2 years. Wasn't what I expected, story line was a bit corny but hey I laughed a few times.

Think it would be better on dvd

:O

qfmike737
8th Aug 2003, 09:57
I thought it was pretty good. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it turned out so was quite impressed. Yes definately worth it but as with many movies it will depend on the mood you are in when you go to see it. It's fun enough for a Friday evening out etc.

UFGBOY
8th Aug 2003, 17:33
Is it out here in the U.K.?

Tart with the cart
8th Aug 2003, 17:42
It won't be released out in cinemas in the UK due to not doing well at US cinemas. Gywneth Paltrow was very annoyed apparently at the poor directing. However it will be released on video/dvd over here :D

Jewel
9th Aug 2003, 00:08
I only watched half beforre i turned it off.
Sorry guys but wasnt a fan. Was way to fake and it annoyed me. Dont know about you guys in the UK but we have few airlines down here and its near impossible to get in with one....even an interview. And for them to portrai it to the world that its that easy to get in makes us look bad....

galley-wench22
9th Aug 2003, 01:03
Hi.

It is being released in the UK on the 29th August!!:O

Check out www.warnervillage.co.uk and click future releases!!

Can't wait to see it! I have been waiting for ages for the release date.

Tart with the cart
9th Aug 2003, 01:28
Gwyneth's latest film flops
2003-08-07 17:30:47

Gwyneth Paltrow's latest film, View From The Top, will not be heading to our cinemas after it bombed in the US.

Bosses at Buena Vista decided to axe the comedy - which was panned by critics in America - and it will now go straight to video in the UK.

View From The Top sees Gwynnie dreaming of becoming a flight attendant, and also stars Rob Lowe and Mike Myers.

Friends of the star say she knew the film was useless when she made it.

One friend told a newspaper: "She's very careful about what she appears in and is furious that this film is such a flop.

"She thought it would be a big hit because of the star-studded cast but the directing was awful."

http://www.ntlworld.com/partners/itn/entertainment/1490744.php

:confused: and the warner village site says its going to be released?!

raft rower
9th Aug 2003, 13:23
I watched while deadheading to an o/s port, good laugh, and I'd see it again on the big screen, in gold class preferably, and with champagne & caviar!!!:)

Hypoxic Harry
10th Aug 2003, 17:40
Found this movie a little corny in some areas, although we all had a laugh. :) :)

galley-wench22
11th Aug 2003, 05:38
Hi.... just done some more research...

I hope the NTL news is incorrect as I can't wait to see it. Just looked at Odeon, UCI and Empire Cinema and they all say they are showing it from the 29th August on the big screen.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.... lets all cross our fingers. xx

geo7E7
17th Aug 2003, 13:36
It changed my perception towards cabin crew to certain extent...good movie for the wannabees and giggles for the already the bee's...!:ok:

SydGirl
17th Aug 2003, 19:42
I saw this flick the other day on a flight... I usually like Gwynneth's movies and am a Mike Myers fan. However, this comedy was dull and repetitive.

Also was pretty miffed at the way they portrayed regional (Express) flight attendants as being lesser mortals than International First Class.

I realise it was intentionally corny, but not my cup of tea (no pun intended).

SG
:}

(Edited to fix my atrocious spelling)

SkySista
17th Aug 2003, 22:58
Saw this movie the other night, have to say from what I'd read, was not expecting to laugh much. Yes, it's pretty corny, and yes, it "dumbs down" the whole business, but what the heck, it was a laugh...

Jewel, have to agree they do make it look pretty easy to get in, I mean, where are the endless rounds of interviews, group activities, intros etc etc, but anyway...

By the way, did anyone else notice what one of the girls wrote in her exam, a question about instructions to pax during an evac...?

She wrote that she would say "Run or die!"... real F/A material, that! :D

All in all, 7 out of 10. Could have been worse.

And yeah, the musical safety demo was a crack up! :p

SS

UFGBOY
7th Sep 2003, 20:08
Not appeared here yet - unless anyone knows different?

galley-wench22
9th Sep 2003, 18:27
I have a feeling the big screens have pulled the plug on this one hee in the UK. All the cinemas said they were releasing this at the end of August! Can't find anyone who is showing it. Guess we will have to wait til its released on DVD!

Trislander
28th Dec 2004, 10:58
Hiya,

I know this threads a been collecting dust at the back of Danny's server but watched this movie last night and thought it was quite good. Was expecting the worst but even though it wasn't true to life it was fun and provided amusement to my friends and I for a couple of hours. The DVD also has a documentary on the history of cabin crew which was interesting but not as detailled as I would have expected.

I guess the type of people who didn't find this film very entertaining are the same who don't enjoy Mile High.

Anyone else seen it lately?

Happy New Year, Tri:ok:

jet2impress
29th Dec 2004, 10:53
It warmed my heart. It was just so me!

"First Class, Paris, International....."

luksy
29th Dec 2004, 12:30
Same here! :ok:

SkySista
29th Dec 2004, 13:23
I want those aeroplane soaps!!!! :p

Still can't see the Qantas flight attendants in that airport scene though.... :confused:

Trislander
1st Jan 2005, 11:12
"That's Procedure!"

"First class, Paris, International..."
For now I'll have to settle for "Economy Plus, Belfast City, Domestic!!"

:ok: