View Full Version : CL415 Aerial Firefighting

disco_air
7th Aug 2003, 18:40
I want to fly the CL415s. I am willing to travel, and am building up experience as a bush fire fighter.

Anyone know of a course of action?

paco
7th Aug 2003, 22:05
Get a *lot* of float time

phil

Box the Tug
8th Aug 2003, 04:47
Try this link http://www.airtanker.com/quals.htm this should give you an idea of what you need in terms of experience in North America and Canada. According to this site only the Quebec Goverment operate the CL-215/ 415. I don't know about the rest of the world, I know the military operate (or did operate the CL-215) in Spain.
Try giving the search engines a good thrashing on the subject.
Hope this helps.

Regards

BTT :ok:

High Wing Drifter
8th Aug 2003, 15:47
There are at least two, what I thought were 215s/415s, operating out of Malaga airport in Spain. Noticed them last summer when on my hols in Nerja.

disco_air
15th Aug 2003, 12:24
Thanks folks...

I'm working on the float time, Im gonna have to move out of Australia for it im pretty sure. Problem is, alot of operators want a fair bit of float experience to start with.

Know of any who take on relatively inexperienced floatplane pilots?

pablo
15th Aug 2003, 19:27
Hi!

I think here in Spain is the DGCN (National Direction of Nature Preservation) the outfit that operates the CL415 and its a private company. The military operates CL415 too, but i think it's a bit more difficult to join them.

I don't know how to contact them or the experience they are asking for, but i think if you like fire works you should try it.

GOOD LUCK