PDA

View Full Version : AMM 757s grounded

flyingisgr8
7th Aug 2003, 02:05
Message received from Boeing around 1550Z G-OOBA, G-OOBB grounded with immediate effect. Some issue with the fuel system allegedly. Downtime expected to be around 8-9 hours. This is a global issue from Boeing so anyone know of any other aircraft/carriers affected, or any greater info on fault/s??:confused:

Mattuk
7th Aug 2003, 02:31
I was on G-OOK and another one before that. I was on G-OOK on 02/08/2003. Is it the entire AMM fleet of 757's or just those two?

Doesn't inspire confidence does it?!

Matt

SMUDGEY
7th Aug 2003, 02:55
Having investigated this subject I feel you are dramatizing this a little mr/mrs isgr8. There is indeed a patheticly minor issue, correctly with the fuel as stated. But it is a cautionary grounding hence the known timescale. It is only the named a/c but as I understand it affects not just the a/c of this company. I am not at liberty to start speculating but pleased be assured we are not all impending danger!!!:O

JW411
7th Aug 2003, 04:12
This sort of rubbish really is getting beyond a joke. Pprune is supposed to be a professional pilots' network. Now we have people posting on a regular basis on subjects that they clearly have not got the slightest understanding.

Manufacturers issue STIs on a regular basis and such instructions will continue to be issued throughout the lifetime of an aircraft.

To come out with crap like "I flew in G-OOK some time ago and another that I can't remember" and "it does nothing to inspire confidence" is just so unbelievably pathetic and childish. I suggest that you stick to rail travel from here on in.

If you don't understand what an STI is, keep your mouth firmly shut.

NigelOnDraft
7th Aug 2003, 04:38
<<To come out with crap like "I flew in G-OOK some time ago and another that I can't remember" and "it does nothing to inspire confidence" is just so unbelievably pathetic and childish. I suggest that you stick to rail travel from here on in.

If you don't understand what an STI is, keep your mouth firmly shut.>>
Quite agree...

Presumably MattUK would rather Boeing didn't alert anybody of potential problems so as to avoid "worrying" the poor little darling...

NoD

BoeingBoy
7th Aug 2003, 04:53
To clarify matters for all those concerned about this issue, I have just spoken to our engineers and they assure me that these two aircraft are undergoing some scheduled ground inspections to support the well publicised procedures of keeping residual fuel in the centre tanks on most Boeings. The aircraft will be back in service as soon as these are completed. No individual issues surround these two aircraft.

I trust that this explains the issue to those who would seek to make something out of nothing!

Mattuk
7th Aug 2003, 05:18
1) I have wanted to be pilot since I was seven and I am now 18, starting training towards frozen ATPL in September this year so I will hopefully be using planes as well as trains.

2) "Doesn't inspire confidence" was a passing joke, but you gotta admit, by you clearly having a go at me because I don't know as much about aircraft as you, you are implying that it does?!

3) My point wasn't to sit here worrying, it was just to make comment, as this topic is about Air 2000 757's is it not? I thought it might be relavent as had just been on an Air 2000 757.

That's the trouble with writing in text, it is real difficult to get over what you are ACTUALLY trying to say.

JW411 and NigelOnDraft - Of course I am glad it was brought to attention, I'm not thick. I am sorry if in some way my post offended you, but I never made any personal comments or "had a go" at you in any way whatsoever. As I said I was just making a passing comment and, as there is no way to actually hear how I am saying it, my reply clearly gave the wrong impression.

Maybe this will clear things up - sorry if I p*ssed you off JW411 and NoD, but I think it is me if anyone who is owed an apology?! But that is unlikey, so thanks for making me feel like a true student pilot guys.

Regards,

Matt

Notso Fantastic
7th Aug 2003, 05:26
Matt- don't expect any apologies- you don't deserve any. Treat it as a learning experience in aviation. Flippant comments about something you don't know jackall about are not to be recommended!

Mattuk
7th Aug 2003, 05:29
That's why I said "if anyone deserves an apology".

It wasn't meant to be flippant, aarrghh, how do I tell people what I mean to say?!!!!!!!

Matt

PPRuNe Pop
7th Aug 2003, 05:32
I see no point in letting this thread go any further.

PPP