PDA

View Full Version : Accomdation in and around Silsoe, Befordshire

Jinkster
6th Aug 2003, 21:27
Accomdation in and around Silsoe, Befordshire

Does anybody know of any for exams? I have stayed at the conference centre (£33.50 per night) does anybody know of anywhere cheaper.

Cheers

Jinkster

Aircart
6th Aug 2003, 22:47
Yeh I stayed at a place next to silsoe, it was called 'House beautiful' in Clophill

Old house B&B they have more than one house, it was £25 a night and seemed to be better value than the on-site stuff!

Phone 01525 860517

Hope this helps.

AC:D

Jinkster
7th Aug 2003, 18:59
Cheers Aircart willl give them a call.

MVE
12th Aug 2003, 02:46
Silsoe has student accomodation specifically for the exam candidates. I'm surprised they didn't tell you.

It's basic but cheaper than the conference center and the rooms don't have a tv to distract you.
A single bed, hot and cold water urinal and desk and lamp, student union for cheap beer and food.....worked for me ....

MJR
12th Aug 2003, 17:35
I stayed in a pub in walking distance of Silsoe, I'm afraid I can't remember what it was called but it was awful. Be aware if you want to study and get some sleep the night before a pub might not be the best place to stay.

I have stayed in the conference also which was OK the first time but on the second visit a certain fraternity of the armed forces decided to go out for a few beers the night before the exams and came back at 2am making a hell of a noise and then decided to walk up and down the corridors all night asking each other questions about the exams, I guess the moral is you just cant win sometimes.

cheers

MJR