PDA

View Full Version : CHC Oz

KelpieX
6th Aug 2003, 00:51
How professional is this mob?

CHC new EMS contract in Perth, Western Australia due to commence very soon.

CHC submitted a tender and were awarded the contract, based on a 412 Helicopter, two pilot operation on a 24 hour service. It appears that CHC tried the old Smoke and Mirror routine (again) and tried to con the client by planning on using a single pilot and crewman in the other seat. Didn’t work, the client caught them out, now I guess CHC are looking around for a few more 412 drivers.

Rumour has it that CHC Marketing didn’t tell the Trotter and the other departments, the whole truth about the contract requirement. Apparently this happens with monotonous regularity. One would expect that these types of stuff ups would not go unnoticed by CHC Head Office in Canada and as the captain of the ship, the Trotter’s performance as well.

Hippolite
6th Aug 2003, 02:19
Hmm...an interesting read on the situation. I don't know how close you are to the action but I would find it unbelieveable that Marketing wouldn't have been involved in the preparation of the tender response and should have responded in accordance with the customer's requirements.

A simple pre tender meeting should have solved this and I can't believe that CHC Oz wouldn't have that procedure nailed by now.

Seems to be that you may have a personal axe against your management which may not be good for your own personal wellbeing and health. I hope that posting has allowed you to vent sufficiently and that you feel better for it.

:cool:

trimpot
6th Aug 2003, 07:49
I don't know if they were trying to "con" the client or not but the single pilot/crewman combination is the standard on all EMS operations in the country and it works very, very well. In reality the aircraft is single pilot IFR so why have two pilots? I know most (if not all) of the EMS captains would prefer a full time crewman on the aircraft, rather than a boggy co-pilot who has been given a token winch operators ticket.

Nigel Osborn
6th Aug 2003, 10:03
Hi Trimpot
I always preferred you in the left hand seat rather than your little boggy friend.
Come to think of it, you always wanted to pole waggle!:( :O

John Eacott
6th Aug 2003, 10:26
Answer: very professional. Next question?

clearance
6th Aug 2003, 12:11
It appears that CHC tried the old Smoke and Mirror routine (again) and tried to con the client by planning on using a single pilot and crewman in the other seat. Didn’t work, the client caught them out

KelpieX - You are a dead set '****-er'.

I realise that this is a rumour network. Although it appears that the information you post is just plan crap! get a life.

Clearance...

Check Revs
6th Aug 2003, 13:51
John Eacott,

Well said!!

KelpieX
6th Aug 2003, 14:56
It could be perceived to be sour grapes but from my point of view it is disappointment. Disappointment, that after so many years in the industry they still cannot get it right. This company continually leaves it to their people at the coalface to take the brunt and make excuses for the mismanagement.

Yes I agree, the pilot crewman combination for EMS works very well and Lloyds/CHC have perfected the operation, but is that what the client asked for and more importantly, paying for?

trimpot
6th Aug 2003, 15:48
I'm sure if that's what the client wants, that's what they'll get. Whether or not that's the best option is another matter.:bored:

clearance
6th Aug 2003, 21:12
Kelpie, the information you have is very much incorrect. Please do yourself a favour and stop posting 'bull-sh!t'.

The client dictates what, where, when, how much...

After all this time I thought you woulld have understood the above concept.

Do you actually know what they (the client) are paying for?, do you know what CHC actually tendered with? You can easlily find out if you wish and when you do post it for all to see!

Clearance.