PDA

View Full Version : "Concorde Baby" sought by BA

MarkD
6th Aug 2003, 00:42
From the Irish Independent:

Search for 'Concorde Baby' 23 years on

TIME is rapidly running out for an Irish woman "adopted" by British Airways to grab the chance of a lifetime.

Last month, the airline launched a search in Ireland and Britain to find a Donna Marie Morton who - 23 years ago - was less than one-hour-old at St Mary's Hospital in Manchester when the BA flagship Concorde took off on its inaugural flight.

Donna became known as the "Concorde Baby" and her picture and story was published worldwide.

Ten years later Donna, her Westmeath-born mother Isabella, and other members of her family were flown to Heathrow airport from Manchester on a conventional jet, treated to a champagne lunch, and then flown back on the Concorde.

"It was like all my Christmases had come at once," Donna said at the time.

Now BA wants to give Donna two tickets for Concorde's farewell flight in October but she cannot be traced.

A BA spokesperson said: "We're keen to contact her as soon as possible. Because her family are Irish there's a possibility she may have moved to live or work in Ireland."

Aviation enthusiasts have offered up to £10,000 for the privilege of flying on Concorde's final flight.

dontdoit
6th Aug 2003, 00:46
http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/news/stories/Detail_LinkStory=63243.html

moo
6th Aug 2003, 01:10
oooh! somebody's tired.........

MarkD
6th Aug 2003, 17:23
dontdoit

the only Manchester paper I read can be found here :D

www.uwsonline.com

Angus Meecoat
6th Aug 2003, 18:43
Old news I'm afraid, the Irish Independent are a bit slow on this one.

They found her weeks ago and she is going on Concorde in October, think it was in last weeks BA News.

Dude~
6th Aug 2003, 20:08
Paul Daniels..... nooooooooooooo!!!

Not that bald headed git..:p

sorry, wrong one!

halas
6th Aug 2003, 21:29
l'm Donna and so is my brother!!!!

halas

MarkD
6th Aug 2003, 21:38
Angus M

no surprise, the Sunday Indo only managed to get around to printing a review of the new Potter book this week!