PDA

View Full Version : REX new CEO chosen

pickle sandwich
5th Aug 2003, 22:12
REX has offerred a new CEO . The new unknown bloke starts in October 2003. My Brissy contact tells me thats its not yet official as the party is still negotiating with the Singapore partners. Apparently another flight test boy!.....at least he has a low profile than Jones, hopefully a smaller ego too!

non-geo
5th Aug 2003, 22:21
Oh no!....another flight test guy running a airline. How do these guys get the top jobs. So pickle, I wanna know ur contact, in Brissy!..

Wheres the guy from ex-military?

ZLBoy
7th Aug 2003, 15:44
A new REX CEO has not been chosen. This is a nice example of chinese whispers again !

non-geo
9th Aug 2003, 11:27
Yep, REX will be merging with a new operator, and running Grand Caravans and Let 420's. The plan has been around for about 12 months now.

Only 3-4 Saabs will be kept and will be gradually replaced, I don't know but I think the Saabs are going to Spain on a lease arrangement.

Apparently, the new operator has already ordered the Lets and Cessna's. AOC is underway in Brissie.
The new merger is cashed up and backed with some heavy hitters.

After October the Singapore connection won't be involved.

pickle sandwich
9th Aug 2003, 11:38
No, the singapore guys still will be leasing the Saabs back to the new carrier.
I don;t know about the saabs going to spain, but the Let 420 is a great replacement in relation to current loads that Rex are having of late, and the cessna caravans are the best for regionals for most of REX's routes.
I heard of a bloke in central nsw starting up about 12months ago, taking over old country connection route. Maybe a tie up here?
Is Michael Jones involved?

pickle sandwich
11th Aug 2003, 19:51
Could you imagine the combination of Michael Jones and Gerry McGowan running an airline.

There company logo would their two heads on the tail fin. Both searching for the nearest television camera and anyone with a microphone.

Gerry's opening remark would be,

"Up Ourselves Airlines" has drawn a line in the sand with Virgin Atlantic and we set the pace",
while Jones would be looking at the mirror (only to see who's chasing him), with a comment like, " **** you, you hopeless piss-ants heres a free mobile phone, just sign up", and **** off, but leave your wallets in the lounge, trust me".

McGowan Jones running a regional, what a joke. Someone should ask what Rene Rivkin what he thinks of blabber mouth and gutter speech.