PDA

View Full Version : Was Hansie Cronjé murdered?

George Tower
5th Aug 2003, 07:16
This article appeared in the British Sunday newspaper "The Observer" Sunday 3rd August. Here is the link

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,6903,1009957,00.html

Unfortunately Pprune won't let me post it as it is a long article.

Sir Cumference
5th Aug 2003, 17:12
The CAA has distanced itself from this report and denied that any of its staff members had anything to do with it.

It would have been very difficult to plan to sabotage the aircraft especially since at the time Hansie was reported to have made a last minute decision to catch the flight. Would it have just crashed without him?

Reading the article, it is obvious that there is very little news on the go at the moment and this reporter has decided to try and revive a subject that is long gone with a bunch of unsubstantiated garbage!

GGG
6th Aug 2003, 03:44
Tend to agree with you, SC.

George Tower
6th Aug 2003, 04:46
I posted this because it was the first thing that fell out of the paper on sunday morning. There is no evidence to suggest murder and there is no real motive either. From an aviation point of view however I await the official CAA report with interest - does any one know when this might be finalised and the information made public.

B Sousa
6th Aug 2003, 16:00
Based on the title of this thread and all that has been posted in the past,I think you should say were Hansie and the two Pilots Murdered..
Sounds like the Conspiracy Theorists are at it in full force. It happens all the time. They are still looking for who killed President Kennedy. KGB? CIA?
It makes for books and movies.
I think after all is said and done it will prove to be just an unfortunate accident with a high profile person involved.
Just another opinion........

Rhodie
6th Aug 2003, 21:58
Ah, Mr. B

It is just yet another 'Samora' case...

False beacon on the hill, where did Maputo go, who turned out the lights....etc.etc.

I believe that investigation has been re-opened (once again) and now the ghost-finders have "positive evidence" of foul play.

I flew the same pattern on the Sim with the approach plate upside down after it happened in George, now, I'm no genius - but guess what - Same Result..

B Sousa
7th Aug 2003, 02:40
Rhodie...Me Boyo
I will bet you a Cold Beer on a hot day in Vegas that I win this one.........

Rhodie
7th Aug 2003, 15:43
No contest Bert - you win....

The conspiracy lot will find gremlins on the wings of anything, given enough 'high profile.....

So, rather the cold Castle in Gaarsfontein - say when....

What thappened to the North pprune party by the way, where did the thread go...?

R