PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 and Eczema

paulriggers
5th Aug 2003, 04:02
Hi,

I've read the CAA website with regards to eczema but its not particularly informative. Does anyone know if it will prevent me from obtaining a class 1 medical? For your info, the eczema is very mild, small patch, approx palm sized on both chest and back which frequently disappears entirely. It doesn't inhibit me in anyway and has never caused me problems in any job or activity. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mark 1
5th Aug 2003, 17:23
JAR-FCL 3.245 says that:
...shall have no established dermatological condition, likely to interfere with the safe exercise of the privileges of the applicable licence(s).

I have psoriasis (mild to moderate) treated with calcipotriol, and barely any notice was made of it during the initial Class 1.

paulriggers
5th Aug 2003, 21:38
cheers for that, so i guess its unlikely to count against me then. I suppose they're aiming it at people with huge/serious skin problems.

N14HK
5th Aug 2003, 22:28
paulriggers - I get very mild eczema in much the same way as you, and whilst the AME always notices it, it's never impacted on my Class One.

Crepello
6th Aug 2003, 00:38
FWIW I too have small patches of eczema (on the legs). Did my initial Class One a few months ago, AME didn't even comment on it.