PDA

View Full Version : Unsafe flying Hartbeespoort 2/3-08-03

Balloothebear
4th Aug 2003, 15:40
Morning Cubs
As per my last posting I am prompted, in the interest of general aviation safety,to post the registrations of aviators who have transgressed the minimum safety altitude over Hartbeespoort dam this past weekend.Im not a policeman,just someone who wants us all to dance to the same tune(even though some of us are tone deaf)
Firstly 10/10 for the guys/girls that flew safely,thanks
Dingbat of the weekend was ZS-XXX-white and red C210,flying direction W to E at 17h05 saterday 2 August 2003,way below minima,directly over the built up suburb of Schoemansville.
To you and your pax,I hope you enjoyed the low level sortie.
S#hithead:yuk:

4HolerPoler
4th Aug 2003, 16:03
I've given this one a lot of thought Balloo - if you're that worked up call the CAA & make a report. Or start your own low-flying website. We're not condoning these type of foolhardy actions but cannot allow this forum to be used in this fashion. If you're unhappy with my decision please fire one over my head to [email protected]

Not an easy one this.

4HP

Balloothebear
4th Aug 2003, 16:48
Ok 4HP,now that Ive simmered down,I agree that its not the correct forum to point fingers at each other.Thanks for the input.
Regarding the reports to the CAA,things always seem to go "missing" if they are reported,those teflon guys and girls are just to busy frying bigger fish.
Thanks once again.:ok:

B Sousa
4th Aug 2003, 21:30
4HP
The guy did bring up a serious problem. Maybe not in the light you would like to see it, but maybe in some other fashion it could be brought up to tell some of the weekend warriors that "The Dam" seems to be a magnet for those who wish to cut loose in small aircraft. Even worse is the amount of Population that exists there with much more building going on.
I think it was just a week or so some guy sunk a Helicopter out there. I dont know the cause, but I suspect that it might have been a case of "lets see what we can do"........
Off JNB in route to Gabs last week I watched some twin on the deck along the Magalies for some distance.
And the stories continue.
So hopefully they wont drain the stinking lake soon as Im sure many missing aircraft may become found.
The word has to get out somewhere thats its not the best spot in the world to impress folks with the fact the ink on your license is still wet...

P.S. I passed the Air Law for my validation.......ha ha