PDA

View Full Version : Airways not Railways

MaxMet
3rd Aug 2003, 07:50
What a mistake.

After 5 years in aviation I left Flying to work for the Railway industry thinking that there was more job security. I was right there is more security but the Rail industry is Shi@£$.

The rail industry is populated and managed by wan$£rs.

Please never think of moving from aviation to railiation.

The level of professionalism in aviation is far superior to that of the rail industry.

Come on you flyers put them out of business.

I miss having wings love you all.

Parry Hotter
3rd Aug 2003, 16:44
I am not too sure what it is like in the UK, but if you compare Avaiation to City rail in Australia, its like comparing Doctors to garbage collectors!. :oh: :oh:

No offence, I am sure that there are a few good people that work for City rail, but they do have a bit of a bad rep.

hottowel
3rd Aug 2003, 19:31
I've made the jump from Air to Rail.... Yes there is no glamour to it (not that there was much in flying). Decided to try it for a year. So far so good... The money is better at Junior and Senior levels and I work as much or as little as I want to in regards to rostering.
Yes there are a few ******s.... but I've got leather handbag thick skin from all that longhaul Sun to fend them off!

Who knows I may go back flying, but at the mo I am happy just darting across the country doing silver service from the North to London.

Cheers Hottowel

CandyBender
3rd Aug 2003, 19:45
I worked on Eurostar as a Purser for 6 month prelaunch & 5 months after launch. The pre launch months were exciting, but once scheduled operations were up & running life was hellish. Dictatorial management, no eating left over food (no crew food you had to bring your own), working with a galley designed to serve 70 pax yet we were whacking out the equivalent of a long haul J class service to 105 pax, having to count everything from tea bags to sugar sachets at the end of a trip.....the list goes on!!
All of the ex flyers who joined at the beginning are now back flying......mostly thanks to BA recruiting big time 94-97.