PDA

View Full Version : Special website for SAR Boys

Arctic Tern
3rd Aug 2003, 04:24
Anyone taken a look at www.sarworld.com ? Looks like some SAR Boys are trying to start a mini Pprune for SAR sad gits. Joking apart, it looks like there might be some utility here, but for god sakes guys please change that heading ("By the operators, for the operators").
Why is it that we never here from SAR boys on Pprune? Perhaps they are entirely happy with their lot and don't have anything to complain about - at least not until they revisit the civilianisation of SAR threat again :\
Hey SAR Boys, how many of you are gonna jump ship when Project Jigsaw kicks-off in the North Sea?

PPRuNe Radar
3rd Aug 2003, 08:53
Don't let 'em in unless they can get the high score ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/rockface/game/index.shtml

Tourist
3rd Aug 2003, 17:25
Genius!!!!!!!!!!!1:D :D :D :D :D

Mr C Hinecap
3rd Aug 2003, 17:44
:{ DAMMIT!

As I didn't have enough things to do in a day! I now have to waste my time on that bl00dy game!

I did laugh my bits off 1st time I trashed my dope on the rope!

Ooohh - I feel SOOO worthwhile now, flying my SAR bird!

teeteringhead
5th Aug 2003, 22:54
Strangely, both the "Humour" and "Linebook" fora seem empty. Is this intentional or is something wrong with my computer??? :p :p :p

EESDL
5th Aug 2003, 23:17
SAR preflight checks:

"Camera?"

Arctic Tern
10th Aug 2003, 02:25
Tried the Rockface game - really trashed my Winchman Have to report I don't have the co-ordination for this SAR winching lark. I am pretty good at taking photos and signing autographs though, do you think they will still want me?
Talking of SAR, anyone heard whether this Qinetiq Balloon attempt is gonna happen soon? How much money is the RAF gonna waste picking these clowns out of the water? I once searched for a trans atlantic rower who raised thousands for charity - cost the RAF about 8 hours flying at a rate of around £8000 per hour; thats nearly errr, well lots of cash.
Roll-up the next idiot I say.:)

FEBA
10th Aug 2003, 02:57
8 Grand an hour ????? You could get a 747 for that amount! Admitedly its SAR qualities are doubtful but it does have a bar!

Arctic Tern
11th Aug 2003, 15:07
What a great idea, a 747 on SAR - just think of all those lookout positions, great endurance, speed to and from the scene of the incident, cabin space for stretchers, plenty of oxygen, spare pilots and crew. Not sure I'd be signing up for the winchman job though - could make for a sporty arrival in the water:ooh:
Anyone thought of suggesting this to the SABR SAR team, I mean they are considering all sorts of other stupid ideas like Cormorant and V22 Osprey