PDA

View Full Version : Calling Ian Black

You want it when?
3rd Aug 2003, 01:25
Hi - sorry to drag a Nostalgia thread into this "live" forum but is Ian Black (Author of Last of the Lightnings and Phantoms fame) a PPRuNer? I've just finished the Lightnings book and wanted to say "Thank You".

Well written and some great pictures, I started the Lightning book this AM and have just finished it. The Phantom one is slated for tomorrow.

BTW - Please Moderator let this live for a day or two before you consign it the post rubbish heap! :ok:

soddim
3rd Aug 2003, 05:45
Don't know if Blackie is a Ppruner but have e-mailed your message to him in case he does not see it.

Good pilot, good books.

You want it when?
3rd Aug 2003, 06:13
Obliged Soddim.

And to suit PPRune thread limit limitations - Tis better to suffer etc... than to be stuffed for the first round

Runaway Gun
3rd Aug 2003, 06:16
Could you please get him to PM me as well? I've been trying to track him down....

ian black
3rd Aug 2003, 06:28
After many years i have now logged on to PPrune! Thanks for the kind words re the books. The Lightning book was to say the least a life times work, but i was very pleased with the results. My thanks as ever to all the guys who helped with the photo's and there are a lot of you. The Phantom book i was a bit miffed with, the publishers contracted the printing to a UK company. Sadly they are not nearly as good as the far east printers. A few pictures appear in my opinion poorly printed, It will all be sorted on the second edition. Many thanks again rgds IB

maninblack
3rd Aug 2003, 08:14
I assume "Desert Airforce" is yours as well.

Nice photography!

Personally I only mess about with Chinese and Russian cameras plus shooting bands for websites and management archives so some would say (me included) that it is not so glam! certainly not anywhere near as talented. ( creep creep) :O