PDA

View Full Version : Dublin

CabinCadet
2nd Aug 2003, 02:31
Hi all.
Could any one who is (or has!) working out of Dublin share what its like?
From looking around the net Air2000, BMI, CityJet and Ryanair have Dublin bases and are recruiting Cabin Crew for Dublin.
- What are the conditions like?
- Any idea what a Junior Cabin Crew member would take home each month, allowances etc?

Any input is appreciated!

EvilTwinRating
3rd Aug 2003, 08:18
Hi CC

I m currently working as CCM out of Dublin, am on my second airline and am loving it. You may also want to consider Aer Lingus , galley talk is rife with rumors that they will be recruiting in September and I know we lost a handful from my company to Aer Lingus at the start of the season, even though it seems very few people knew they were hiring.

As far as I know CityJet are not recuiting at the mo and I m certain that BMI are not. Ryanair are ALWAYS recruiting so they may be your best bet at the mo. Not sure if Air2000 keep people on during the winter, let alone hire them.

Also there are charter airlines based out of DUB, Air Atlanta have a 767 here for the winter and I believe Icelandair are operating charter for the winter on a 76 or a 757.

A company called Direct personnel are currently hiring for some winter charters so u could give them a call.

Cabin Crew is a fun job as long as you are prepared to work long hours and take alot of stick at times you ll also need a great sense of humor!!, as far as money goes If you join Ryanair you can expect to take home a reasonable amount but you will work for it!

Other airlines junior salaries as far as I know are really nothing special ( mine really ain t and Im a senior!!!!) but as it happens your never really home to spend it so it kinda works itself
out!!!!!!

Hope that helps

ETR

Did
3rd Aug 2003, 23:27
Hi ,

I am working for Cityjet as a cabin crew in Paris.
Cityjet is currently recruiting junior cabin crew that may have flown before or not... they will train you .
i heard the next training period is going to be in october.

the salary is very nice.
you can be based either in Paris or in Dublin.

to contact them, have a look on cityjet web site : www.cityjet.com

good luck .

CabinCadet
4th Aug 2003, 21:56
Thanks lads for the info, much appreciated :ok:

I'd love to hear from any Ryanair crew and if any one could give an approx idea of montly take home pay?

Happy Flying

EvilTwinRating
4th Aug 2003, 22:54
The last month I worked with them I took home 2200 euros after tax