PDA

View Full Version : Printer Help needed

SOPS
1st Aug 2003, 21:48
Guys and Girls Help Please!!!!

All of a sudden when I try printing out Emails (and the problem only occurs when printing emails) the printer is acting like it is printing on a envelope, so it starts printing about half way down the page, prints off about 4 lines and then starts a new page. The end result is that to print off a 1 page email is taking about 14 A4 pages. I have checked the printer settings and a4 paper is selected, and as I said the problem only occours with emails.

Any suggestions?

Naples Air Center, Inc.
1st Aug 2003, 22:28
SOPS,

Without any information on your Hardware, OS, and Printer, it is very hard to troubleshoot.

As a stab in the dark, it could be a corrupted printer driver or even a bad printer cable. I would start by uninstalling the printer driver, doing a search though your windows directory and manually deleting any drivers from you printer that are still there.

Then try reinstalling the printer drivers and see if that solves the problem.

Take Care,

Richard

amanoffewwords
2nd Aug 2003, 01:29
On my version of Outlook you need to specify A4 (or whatever) in the page setup (File, Page Setup, Memo Style - paper tab) as it doesn't pick it up automatically from the printer settings - defaults to letter size otherwise.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
2nd Aug 2003, 01:44
SOPS,

the problem only occurs with emails.

Oops, I missed that part. My apologies. Disregard what I posted above. :uhoh:

Richard

SOPS
2nd Aug 2003, 02:31
Thanks all, but still no joy. I am using outlook express and windows 98. The strange thing is I also have outlook and emails from it print normally. However if I email my self from outlook express to outlook (I hope this makes sence) then the email prints out wrong, but emails from "outside" to outlook are ok.

Help please:confused:

ORAC
2nd Aug 2003, 03:22
Outlook Express prints using the Internet Explorer settings. Check your IE print settings. There are known problems with registry settings with this. If you haven't done so, upgrade to IE 6. Let us know if the problem goes away.