PDA

View Full Version : New Turbine light heli??

Vfrpilotpb
1st Aug 2003, 15:44
In the Sunday times last weekend, a multi squillionaire stated that he had Helicopter companys and was trying to build a light turbine Heli to fill the gap that we all know exist between R22 and B206, because I was high in Grape juice and in the very hot Cyprus sun I allowed the current Mrs VFr to remove my newspaper, subsequently I did'nt see it again, , however is this chap going to help us keep more of our cash or was it the grape juice that coloured my reading of the words Helicopter/ turbine / light /cheap:confused:

MaxNg
1st Aug 2003, 15:50
Vfrpilotpb

Helicopter/turbine/Light/cheap

What on earth were you drinking ?

:D

Head Turner
1st Aug 2003, 22:14
I know of the project and it's UK based. Don't ask any more. All will be revealed when it is ready.

vaqueroaero
1st Aug 2003, 22:53
Take a look at this website: www.volarhelicopters.com

I don't know if it is the same project, but it doesn't seem as though it is any great secret!

Lu Zuckerman
1st Aug 2003, 23:29
Ask RW-1. I believe this is where he took his flight training.

:ok:

Vfrpilotpb
2nd Aug 2003, 01:37
MaxNg,

It was Red and Cypriot, and cheap:yuk: :ugh: :\

Hilico
2nd Aug 2003, 01:38
"Initially a two-seater...maximum of 340lbs per seat"?

Sounds like just the thing for Pavarotti (or Rick Waller) to use for flying to gigs.

jellycopter
4th Aug 2003, 05:40
I think Cran can shed a bit more light on this subject re the British project. How about it Cran? J

troglodytis
4th Aug 2003, 06:02
light turbine Heli to fill the gap that we all know exist between R22 and B206

doesn't the Schweizer 333 fit into this category?

CRAN
4th Aug 2003, 18:22
I can confirm that there is an advanced new helicopter under development in the UK that will offer a quantum leap in technology, performance and cost. Unfortunately, I cannot release any more details at this time other than it will be just as significant as the introduction of the R22 in terms of the commercial and recreational use of helicopters globally.

Sorry to be vague folks
CRAN
:)

Vortex what...ouch!
4th Aug 2003, 18:58
Got this from my brother.

Just been reading up on the Helicycle single seat kit
helicopter. They are providing it $30,000 US complete
with engine (Solar T62 TURBINE).

Here is the URL to a download (43Mb) showing the
turbine version flying (Looks awesome)
http://www.helicycle.com/dougschwochert/helicycle.WMV

Thought you might be interested.

Looks good.:ok:

RW-1
4th Aug 2003, 20:36
You're right Lu, it is where I am, and have been :)

Volar's owner is indeed interested in doing such a project and has a design on the table, however I do not have any other information on it at this time. It is one of several things he is working on for the company.

Myself, I'm just studying away for my upcoming checkride (16th) and feel blessed that I have a position awaiting me with volar afterwards when I complete it and my SFAR 73 signoff. (I'm at 197.5 TT, and will be over 200 by the ride)