View Full Version : TAX deductions

Gravox
1st Aug 2003, 14:21
OK, so it is coming to that time of year for tax returns. I know that this topic has been done to death in the pass but I have a few questions. I am not a contractor, but just an employee.

Can relocation costs be tax deducted. I was working at a company as a casual, and after being offered a full time position I moved to a different company, can the cost of the relocation be considered as a tax deducation?

Can telephone calls to relating work, be considered a tax deducation as well? Calling work during ones duty on a mobile phone

Just trying to save every possible penny, so i can start paying back those debts incurred during training, and search for work.

Any answers must appreciated

Cheers

Boney
1st Aug 2003, 14:54
G'day Gravox

As far as I know, being an employee, the following is the case.

Relocation - negative, unless you were moving within the same company and I think you also need letters etc. from that comapny telling you to move, ie. not moving for a promotion etc.

As far as the phone goes, you need to keep a record of work related calls, I just high light the calls from a couple of random bills through out the year and apply that percentage to the lot of them. Also, Gravox, you can not claim on your huge 0055 bill.

Boney