PDA

View Full Version : QF Recruiting?

GalleyHag
31st Jul 2003, 12:39
Not sure if this means anything but the QF employment hotline for cabin crew was up-dated 30 July 2003 inviting people to apply. Gives a slightly different story to the one used during past recruitments but you apply the same through staff.cv

Hotline number (02) 96913200

leemo
1st Aug 2003, 17:52
We are short of crew apparently, not 100% sure on the amounts but the figure being 'banded about' is 150 short in business/first.

cloud nine
1st Aug 2003, 20:53
Leemo,

Are they short of crew due to a surplus of FA's putting their hands up for voluntary redundancy? My, how things can change so quickly in our industry. Which can sometimes be a good thing.

Is the shortage in SH or LH?

I did hear that they have a short list of approx. 300 FA's, so I am guessing that they HR may start to call from their list soon. But the big question still being asked is what type of employment HR will offer. ( Fixed term, permanent ect)

Anymore information would be appreciated. ;)

MissShagwell
1st Aug 2003, 23:06
I have not seen anything advertised internally. Are they only accepting external applicants at this stage??

Cheers,

Shaggs :E

Parry Hotter
1st Aug 2003, 23:21
It is all just speculation and rumours at the moment. However, the QF web page is asking for candidates to apply via Staff cv.

At this stage all the information that I have collected is towards external recruitment only.

This is great news for all of us, things are turning around and possibly getting back to normal again. :ok: :) ;) :ok: :) ;) :ok: :) ;)

GalleyHag
2nd Aug 2003, 14:52
More along of the lines of Biscuit Chucker's post the QF cabin crew website "Galley Gossip" states on 28 July 2003 "

Question: : Is there likely to be any longhaul intakes this year?

Answer: "There are currently no intakes or divisional transfers planned into long haul for the remainder of this year."

Furthmore I have not seen anything internally as yet either which is a concern as the only time they recruit internally is when they have permanent positions available. When the November recruitment occured they anticipated permanent recruitment maybe this time around with all the talk from Dixon NO permanent positions will be available maybe its just casual and fixed term. But as Biscuit Chucker mentioned no one really knows whats happening. But any sign of recruitment is good.

qfmike737
2nd Aug 2003, 15:51
I wonder how long i have to keep breaking my back ....lol

....I sometimes wonder if i should stay or leave then try and apply externally when recruitment starts again. Right now my whole entire life is just hanging in there...let's hope my back can hang in there too!

Please start recruiting again QF!!! :-)

Parry Hotter
3rd Aug 2003, 16:34
OCTOBER! OCTOBER! OCTOBER!

I heard from a "realiable source' that something is going to happen in OCTOBER! And its something to do with longhaul. Not sure if they are going to recruit externally or call from the wait list and offer a start date.

Stay tuned folks, the big red rat is about to deal us all some entertainment! Ya Hooo Tooty TOOT!

One thing is for sure is that there will be no recruitment into LH this year, however nothing has been said about being given start dates this year, or an external recruitment taking place.

3 months to go, but who's counting?
:D :D :D

peanut pusher
3rd Aug 2003, 22:29
Flexable work arrangements come into play December 2003. We need 120 more casuals to make the "pick up of hours" work.
Both FAAA divisions are working on a exchange of crew at the moment. Faaa newletter next week with more details.

yellow rocket
7th Aug 2003, 09:09
Just got an email from Customer Services saying that my shortlist status has been extend to Feb next year.

I understand every shortlister who reaches 6 months in their shortlisting is recieving these emails.

Good luck to the rest of you.

:O

ozflyboy
8th Aug 2003, 10:39
Just checked my emails and I also have an email from QF.....had heard a rumour that we would be extended, however had received nothing concrete - great to see.

An interesting date though......27th Feb, 2004 - anyone in the know (and you know who you are..!) care to enlighten us as to the reason for this date please?

Finally, do these same ppl have any further info as to what we may be offered??

Hopefully we are nearly there, fellow shortlisters!!

YAY!!

:)

vdd
8th Aug 2003, 17:07
Hello again;)

.................and if I can add to the above..................any news for us NON-shortlisters out there waiting patiently for the next external recruitment?

It would be much appreciated:D

Ta
vdd

yellow rocket
10th Aug 2003, 10:03
Ozflyboy

Can't figure out much about why Feb 27th specifically, but my first shortlist success email came to me last Feb so I guess that rounds it to 12 months somehow.

Go figure.

qfmike737
10th Aug 2003, 16:50
Your not alone VDD I'm going to have to wait even longer too. It looks like there wont be any internal recruitment either but what can you do :-) What should we do with ourselves while we wait?

ozskipper
10th Aug 2003, 17:50
I haven't heard anything yet, but my initial six months hasn't expired and isn't due to until October. The last correspondence I had was to say that I was still on the short list and QF would let me know if things change.

Although, as I read it, even if you are on the short list it still doesn't guarantee you a job - so I won't be excited about the rumours and speculation until I get a letter of offer. Then, I'll be well, very excitable..... :D

ozflyboy
10th Aug 2003, 18:54
Yellow,

The only reason I made mention of the date was that for me, the 4th Feb was my original date that I received the first shortlist notice. Obviously for it was different dates for different ppl - not sure why...???

Oh well - fingers crossed for the 300-odd of us who are waiting!!

:)

kaka1973
13th Aug 2003, 13:33
My short list was extended till Dec 2003 as well. I went to the intervier this time last year....

I wonder if they will have any recruitment this year at all??

leemo
13th Aug 2003, 19:14
Maybe QF will recruit again soon.

A few months ago QF published an internal opportunity for crew to work alongside HR in furture f/a recruitment campaigns.

Today those people who applied were called and asked to go for interviews in early September.

Looks like they are gearing up to hire people.

What I want to know is when the short to long haul transfers are going to happen?

ozskipper
15th Aug 2003, 18:36
According to news reports tonight - Qantas intends to shed another 800 jobs to reach the original target of 2000 through natural attrition.

I'm not sure that Qantas will be recruiting at all this year..... Please surprise me Qantas! :p

UpperDeckRight
17th Aug 2003, 15:41
I believe we still have a lot of crew at LongHaul on temporary part-time and leave without pay.

These people will come back some time to full time flying, so I cant see us recruiting in the near future.

The only recruiting I can see us doing would be for new BFirst crew, as the new aircraft config requires more of them, and we are already short. But that wont affect overall crew numbers - just move some economy crew up to BFirst.

Plus we seem to be pulling out of destinations, not going to new ones. The only way I can see us recruiting for LongHaul is if we announce some new destinations or increased flying. And there hasnt been any whispers of that lately. :(

Iguanahead
25th Sep 2003, 14:05
Has anyone heard anything new from QF?

Parry hotter does your source still think October is a go for recruitment?

Any tiny piece of info is much appreciated. :ok:

GalleyHag
25th Sep 2003, 14:11
As could nine reported in another post Qantas have advised through the Cabin Crew website that no recruitment will occur in the 2003/04 year and no one from the waitlist will be called for positions during the same period. This information came from Human Resources on 22 September 2003. However, things change all the time BUT from the tone of their (HR) answers it appears that this stems from Budgets and the financial position for the current financial year.