PDA

View Full Version : Transfer pay advice?

Grimweasel
30th Jul 2003, 00:59
Hello all. Just a quicke as I can't get any deffinate answer from Innsworth about transfer pay deals.
I wish to transfer from the Army to RAF ALM but I don't want to take a cut in pay for obvious reasons! I had a freind do the same two years ago. He was paid at the same rate of pay all through training as he was recieving in the Army. Then after gaining SGT rank at the end of the cse he went down to the RAF SGT Aircrew pay rate.
Does this sound true and is it still the same? The only other things that are yet to be clarified are will I stay on the same pension as now (new terms of service=pension shafting?) and can I carry over my LSSA balance. After all it's all from the same big HMG pot at the end of the day!!
In anticipation of a few replies, many thanks...

Jerry Can
30th Jul 2003, 07:33
I came across from the Marines and my pension and terms of service (22 year engagement with 17 left to do) came with me.

Pay wise I was on a higher rate than other recruits and serving airman on the course were on mark time pay until aircrew pay overtook it.

You'll get middle rate flying pay after 3 years instead of 9.

There was an Army guy on my course who actually got demoted on his graduation to Sergeant! Ginger jock, same guy perhaps?!

I can put you in touch with him if you are'nt already and he should be able to clarify things.

It was OASC who sorted out my terms of service and pay, maybe they can help.

Grimweasel
1st Aug 2003, 01:02
Thanks very much Jerry can. That has helped me out. I shall give the wise ones at Cranwell a bell.
Hope to see you in the mess bar some day? I'll look out for the bloke calling the cookhouse 'Galley' and asking if I'm coming on a 'run-ashore'!!