PDA

View Full Version : EK open day Adelaide? FAIR GO!!

jdimachki1981
28th Jul 2003, 23:37
Hi guys, how is everyone...

I am still new 2 this site and feelin my way around. I have been reading the posts everyday and it seems like a few people have been :mad: ova by emirates. All i gotta say guys is keep ya heads up and hopefully somthin will pop up soon.

I was upset 2 hear that emirates apparently had a big info session in Adelaide bout 2 weeks back. From what i can gather it was similar 2 Perth just a big waste of time!! What got 2 me was there was no publicity about the whole thing. In Adelaide i now know for a fact that ther was an advertisment in The Australian newspaper, but there was not even an advertisment in our local paper The advertiser:confused:

I may have jumped on the EK banwagon a bit late, but from what i have been seeing and hearing they r really not given people outside of Melb and Syd a fair go!! I am not havin a dig at the eastern states, i say good luck 2 all ya guys that got through, it should be an experience of a lifetime:ok:

i will be interested 2 hear from anyone that attended the Adelaide day or even heard anything about it.

Once again good luck 2 my cus Andrew who is off on the 23rd of August, all the best bro and i hope u take this as an oppertunity of a lifetime and embrace every moment of it. Oh yeah show them what us Dima's can do!!! See ya thurs for the wrestling mate:ok:

cheers guys and hopefully we all hear from them next time round:)

vdd
29th Jul 2003, 05:24
Hi there

I saw the recruitment ad in the 'local' paper The Advertiser (on the Sat before the interview in Adel), but I didn't go based on what I've been reading on Pprune.

It sounds very disappointing, especially as so many people take so much time and effort for these interviews. I noticed in the ad that they didn't include their cut-off age limit, which probably meant that a lot of people in their late 30s would have been immediately crossed off the list.

Emirates are currently advertising for a new Cabin Crew Recruitment Manager so maybe their recruitment format will change:hmm: :hmm:

vdd;)

AndrewDima
29th Jul 2003, 15:41
What goes on Joe?

Looks like you missed the boat when they were in Adelaide latley...:hmm:

Its all good mate, its seems like open days at the moment are a waste of time anyway.

When you get a chance call Emirates in dubai and find out when is the next trip down under, then ask them via email to actually invite you personally to the interviews... this is what i did, and hey, it worked! ;)

Yes, i will see you thurs for the wrestling.. should be a good night.

By the way your going to miss my boat too... i leave on the 21st August not the 23rd... you will be calling me to say goodbye and i will be already gone...:\ . Lets stay awake man... ;)

Andrew!

P.S. Anyone else in Melb leaving on the 21st??

AIRWAY
29th Jul 2003, 17:00
Good Luck on your new careers :ok: all.

gtadxb
2nd Aug 2003, 03:32
To keep up to date as to where EK is recruiting, go to www.aviationjobsearch.com. They use that website a lot.
Good luck.