PDA

View Full Version : SkyService into BFS

NWSRG
28th Jul 2003, 20:40
Noticed a SkyService A330 arriving BFS on Saturday from Palma. Is this a clever charter use of a trans-atlantic widebody on its downtime after coming in from Toronto? Or are SkyService using Belfast as a stop en-route from Palma to Canada (don't know how many Canadians would take that offer up!). Can anyone shed any light?

PS. The A330 must be one of the most graceful a/c about. At about 2500 feet closing on the localiser, the big machine was flying slowly, quietly and beautifully!

eastern wiseguy
28th Jul 2003, 23:00
I understand it carries Canadian cruise pax to and from the Med......the full details are ,however unknown to me. Bel hold may know?

richardnei
29th Jul 2003, 00:16
Skyservice operated from YYZ-BFS-PMI-BFS-YYZ every SAT it has passengers flying from Toronto to Belfast onboard as well as cruise passengers from Toronto. It normally picks up MyTravel cruise passengers from Belfast enroute to PMI.

A similar operation happens on the return leg of the journey in the afternoon onthe way back to Toronto.

An excellent airline with a great aircraft.

cargohappy
2nd Aug 2003, 01:25
dont sky service operate a flight outa egnx , i think i saw one of their aircraft the other day, if so what does anyone know what routes and which aircraft is it, i figure it must be charter
b/rgds

GARDENER
2nd Aug 2003, 03:53
If memory serves me correctly it will be a Skyservice A320 ops ex East Mids. At a guess reg probably CGTDK.They have CGTDL based EGNV and another ops out of Bristol/Cardiff "W" I stand to be corrected but think this is fairly accurate.

MerchantVenturer
2nd Aug 2003, 04:36
The Skyservice 320 based at BRS is operating for MyTravel this summer. MyTravel have two 320s based at BRS - the Skyservice machine plus one of their own. Both aircraft are employed fulltime
out of BRS doing summer charters.

C-GTDK has been operating as the the based Skyservice machine for the last couple of days at least (according to the BRS apron plan web site), although I think C-FRAA (or similar) was the a/c for most of June and July.

I believe one of the Skyservice 320s suffered a tail scrape at BRS early this summer - there was a thread about it on at least one air forum, I think it may well have been on PPRuNe.

codeco
5th Aug 2003, 02:52
As MerchantVenturer says we've got two machines at BRS this summer operating for MyTravel, a MYT A320 and a SkyService A320 (canadian flightdeck, british cabin crew).

CGTDK is now back from Toulouse after its tailscrape and CFRAA, that had come to replace it, has ferried back to Montreal.

As far as I'm aware none of the MYT flights are 'W's with CWL, last year there were a few though.

Regards

Kestrel_909
6th Aug 2003, 05:55
I have a question.
Have seen the SkyService a few times at BFS. My neighbour flew home on it from YYZ one or two weeks ago on it. I asked her to get me a model of it, brings me back a diecast metal model of a USA Airways A330,:\ Am I missing something? Friend has a seat booked on it in Sept or late August, while I have to content myself with an MyT A320 to Malaga:hmm:

javelin
6th Aug 2003, 16:38
If you want a model of C-FBUS, get the Revell plastic kit - it is the same airframe when it used to be in LTU colours when it was originally delivered !