PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Damien

Stampe
28th Jul 2003, 17:58
Great to see some of Damiens works published and acknowledged in this months General Aviation magazine!!Especially as Damien,s work is ground based as just another guy on the crowd line!!Do we have another Charles Brown in the making??.Well done Damien and great foresight to GA magazine for spotting this burgeoning talent.

Hairyplane
28th Jul 2003, 19:27
Hear hear Stampe,

I think that the magazine will go from strength to strength with Damiens photos.

I hope that they have been shrewd enough to give him a contract??!!

THis guy will get snapped up by somebody else otherwise.

Fantastic young talent and a wonderful asset to the aviation scene.

Hoorah!

HP

DamienB
28th Jul 2003, 20:28
:uhoh: :O Gawd I knew that one wouldn't slip quietly by :D Cheers guys.

But I do try and get away from crowd lines where possible, and I ain't young ;)

Mrs_DamienB
28th Jul 2003, 21:18
I keep telling him how good he is, but he thinks I'm biased! ;)

Heliport
28th Jul 2003, 21:30
Listen to your wife. She's right. :ok:
I haven't seen the GA mag but the pics you post on PPRuNe are superb.

Heliport

BTW, If it wouldn't mean revealing 'trade secrets', what equipment do you use?

T_richard
28th Jul 2003, 22:50
I know nothing about aviation, but I have been taking amateur photos for 35 years and Mr. Damien has considerable talent.. Congratulations from a fanyou have never met.:ok: :ok:

Hairyplane
29th Jul 2003, 18:52
It ain't what you've got, its how you use it!

Baaaaaaaaaaa!

Seriously - DB has posted his equipment(!) before.

You seemed pretty young to me DB - maybe I'm an older git than I thought....

An understanding (and proud) Missus DB - always by his side (or holding the stepladder??!!).

Well done again.

I reckon you should publish a book of airshow photos. If you think this might be a goer and you need some backing - send me an EMail.

I would love one in my Christmas stocking (MMMmmm stockings.......!)

HP

Mrs_DamienB
29th Jul 2003, 23:58
Dear HP,

I believe my official job title is "Chief Camera Bag Holder and Occasional Chauffeur".

Don't get paid much though! ;)

Mrs DB.

Aerohack
29th Jul 2003, 23:59
Yes, very nice indeed Damien, though I must confess that wasn't my initial reaction when my good friend and colleague Philip Whiteman faxed me the page layout for your 'GA' spread very late in the production process and asked me to help caption your pictures, which came out of the fax as pretty much black-all-over rectangles! You should consider entering 'Aviation Week's' annual photo contest, particularly the F-16 and DC-6 shots. If you're interested send me a PM and I'll point you in the right direction (and no, though I work for the AvWeek Group occasionally, I'm not one of the judges!)

vintage ATCO
30th Jul 2003, 00:46
Great idea, HP, about a book. I'd certainly buy it.

Damien, hope you're coming to our Moth Rally at Woburn 16/17 August??

(MMmmm stockings. . . . . !) :D

DamienB
30th Jul 2003, 05:20
16th I'm doing the Proms at Old Warden - an attempt to relax with a mere week before Mrs_DamienB earns the 'Mrs' part of her handle! On the 17th I could be convinced to attend, anyone want some air to airs of their Tiger?

Beeayeate
30th Jul 2003, 06:22
Mrs_DamienB wrote

"Don't get paid much though!"

But you get a comfy chair thingy and the occasional ice cream.

:ok:

Mrs_DamienB
30th Jul 2003, 19:26
You know me so well, Mr Bee! :D

AerBabe
30th Jul 2003, 19:52
Mrs DBDon't get paid much though! What... not even in kind?! I'd start accidentally getting sand in his camera case if I were you. ;)

And as for you lot with stockings... do you mean under or over the flying suit? Mmmmm....grow bags....

DB, I think if you did get a book published, or publish one yourself, you'd find it would sell out very quickly to PPRuNers - your work has lots of fans. :ok:

Spitfire PRXIX
3rd Aug 2003, 04:47
Just want to add my admirations of your work Damien, keep it up and good luck to you and Mrs Damien.

XIX

Man-on-the-fence
3rd Aug 2003, 05:21
DB

I am not worthy http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/notworthy.gif

TTFN MOTF

Skylark4
3rd Aug 2003, 07:08
Anybody can get pictures that good........occasionally. To get so many superb shots with so few chances is impressive. Well done DB.

Mike W

hjc
5th Aug 2003, 03:34
Congratulations, Damien!

(Long time, no speak.)

Howard

Flying Lawyer
5th Aug 2003, 07:33
Man-on-the-fence

Not worthy? Don't be too modest. Perhaps you haven't been published yet (I don't know) but your photographs are just as good as DB's. :ok:

FL