PDA

View Full Version : New Airline Starting up or "new aircraft" ?

Gunship
28th Jul 2003, 14:40
:ok: Is this a new airline or just a new recruitment ?

From the Sunday Times (South Africa)

New 767 International Operator has the following opportunities :

Captains - 767 type rated and current
FO 's same crit
Ground Engineers - 767 certified

Fax CV to HR manager +27 11 395 3192
Ref : DH/de/767

Closing date : 31 July !!!

Hope I can sort another job out for someone (it really makes my day) :}

Gunship
28th Jul 2003, 17:05
... I should mention that the heading was "AIRLINE OPPORTUNITIES"

Have a great week of safe flying ;)

non sched
28th Jul 2003, 20:01
Looks like it might be associated with Nationwide? They announced they were going to start 767 service to Brussels and London starting in Nov. However, I thought SobelAir was going to provide the 767. The mystery deepens!;)

Dutchman
28th Jul 2003, 20:41
Seem to remember another posting not to long ago about another airline startup using the B767 called Maiden air.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83058&highlight=maiden+air

Any connection ?

Gunship
28th Jul 2003, 20:42
Ahh that will be GREAT news as I can fly with SN Brussles direct to SL ... eischhh now THAT is great news :)

But then again my drinkin friends in London will miss me :E

Whenwe
29th Jul 2003, 01:03
No mystery at all. The fax number 395 3192 is somewhere at JNB int. Nationwide to Gatwick, that's my guess

ww :ok:

Gunship
29th Jul 2003, 11:36
:confused: So Nationwide flying Jhb - Brussels - Gatwick seems like a possibility now ? :confused:

If so - Yipeeeee :ok:

Goldfish Jack
29th Jul 2003, 15:25
HOwzit Guns

Wasn't that a snot klap we got on Sat from the bulls? Oh daer enuff said about that.

Yup it appears to be Nationwide. Have spoken to a friend of two of mine and they say it is them. As with most Nationwide jobs you have to have a rating when you go there, so I do not know how this is going to work, unless he is trying to attract some of those SAA captains who are retiring off the B767s, when they retire from the fleet at the end of the year.

Yes it does look like they are going to Gatwick. I think they might then continue to Brussels, but Gatwick is the first stop. SO you might even be still able to get in an ale or two in London....

Cheers

Jangys
1st Aug 2003, 18:45
Yip,

Thats Nationwide alright. SAA Captains will not be interrested as The "SEAGULL" is not willing to pay top dollar.

Wonder why they are not giving their current B737 drivers a chance.

Not a bad idea if you are still young and willing to get the experience.