PDA

View Full Version : Off to Cape Town.. any hints?

bellsux
28th Jul 2003, 13:50
Hi there... Well I will be in Cape Town in December to head back down south to the ice with a couple of AS350's. So as I have never been to SA before... any one have any tips for me? feel free to PM me if you want.

Check Revs
29th Jul 2003, 07:55
Belsux,

Check your PM.

Gunship
29th Jul 2003, 10:14
Lo Bellsux,

My suggestion : Meet up with the guys in the Waterfront (www.waterfront.co.za ) somewhere you will find a great map and right hand bottomn corner are their respective pads.

You will find Francois Marais (Huey fame on this board) and Marc Perkins (Civair fame) right there.

They have all the info and gen info that you need and I am sure they can assisit you in anything ... yes that too ... :p

Check Revs
29th Jul 2003, 10:54
Gunss,

Don't scare him off now!! You were not refering to the penguins or seals now were you??

Who's doing trips now - still Civvie or 22 again.

Regards

Goldfish Jack
29th Jul 2003, 15:30
Bellsux

I can only concur with Guns. But a hint - when u go and visit Francois, remember to take a morning after headache pill with you.

U are guaranteed a good time and you will hear some great stories. By the way, he drinks red wine and loves it.

The Cape at that time of the year is grea - S*&t hot babes all lying on Clifton topless and a full party time. Why do we have to work then?? (roll on summer and bring out those raybans that the perving can start again!!)

Deanw
29th Jul 2003, 15:52
Hi Check Revs

I think a Dept of Environmental Affairs / DoD contract is being negotiated right now for 22 Sqd to join the penguins.

Check Revs
30th Jul 2003, 06:40
Dean W,

30 then 22 used to do the trips. I believe some civvie companies did the last couple with the option of it going back to 22 at a later stage.

I did a couple of it for them in the nineties. Had a great time there. Still have some good mates at 22.

Excellent website Dean.

Check revs

clipboard
30th Jul 2003, 15:31
:ok:CHC is very much involved with the Antarctic Expeditions.
They went down there from December last year to March this year with a Bell 212 and a Long Ranger. Capt Dick Hilland was the Chief Pilot on that trip. Also noticed CHC preparing 2 Aussie registered Squirrels, which were flown from the CHC facility at CPT International, on to a ship moored on Quay 6 at the Waterfront. The Squirrels were very much painted in the CHC colors, if I rember correctly. Once the Squirrels were stowed on the ship, it sailed South, presumably for the Ice.:)

Check Revs
31st Jul 2003, 05:41
Good to see CHC getting involved! Lappies still boss there? :ok:

clipboard
31st Jul 2003, 15:15
:ok: For sure my man! With young Lappies in tow :D

Autorotate
1st Aug 2003, 09:40
Hey Francois - Show ole Bell Sux the waterfront of capetown from the Huey and make sure you dont give him the numbers of Simon's "friends".

:E

bellsux
1st Aug 2003, 20:50
Thanks.. I will be sure to look up a few of the Cape pruners when I get there... have had a few Castle Lagers before and looking forward to a few more!!