View Full Version : qf letter

delta romeo
28th Jul 2003, 09:08
Just got a 1st reply letter from Qf saying application under active consideration although not hiring at the moment. just wondering if this is standard letter at present time or something to possibly think is a good thing.

cheers

Torres
28th Jul 2003, 09:30
Well, it's got to be better than "don't call us, we'll call you......."

Longhauler
28th Jul 2003, 14:15
Unfortunately there are always contradictory stories getting around. A sim instructor recently commented that recruiting will probably be on hold until next year but then it was written in despatches that there are shortages in some categories for the next flying program (Sept/Oct) as the demand seems to have "turned the corner".

Best of luck.

LH

MoFo
29th Jul 2003, 08:24
Maybe its just "turned the corner" enough that those on forced leave can actually come back to work and take their leave at a time of their choosing.

Don't expect much in the near future in the way of new jobs.

invertedlandings
29th Jul 2003, 10:09
On last week's VIPs they were still offering leave without pay, yet they are ringing up 767 Captains offering to come back to work on ther assigned leave/ long service etc. I think they are up to plan j for the week.... DR, rumour has it ( this week at least) early next year for employment.

shadow1
29th Jul 2003, 13:45
DR,
Got a letter recently along the same lines, imagine it is the standard. Still it could be worse.

qfpaypacket
1st Aug 2003, 07:24
Yeah it could be worse.........you could be applying for virgin. (and before you all start, I don't care.)

happydriver
4th Aug 2003, 08:46
Yeh got one of those letters too.....early to mid 2004 eh....wonder what happened to the guys who were at the final stages of testing before all of this happened....are they holding for a training slot or did they stop the recruitment process all together?....any info.

Poto
4th Aug 2003, 11:52
With no courses having been run for a while and applications still being processed until the end of Jun'ish' .I wonder how big the hold file is and how many people are through the final stages as well. :confused:

MoFo
5th Aug 2003, 16:57
You'd better believe the employment office is as quiet as an Iraqi Airforce Reunion. Just wait for the wheel to turn.

Servo
6th Aug 2003, 08:29
Hey qfpaypacket you confuse your ability with your ego.

The only thing bigger than your ego is your wallet, which is to compensate for your tiny schlong.

BTW I don't care either.:hmm:

Next Generation
6th Aug 2003, 11:46
SERVO

Hey qfpaypacket you confuse your ability with your ego. Well said!!!!!!!..............

I just thought it should be repeated.:D

happydriver
14th Aug 2003, 10:02
Guys......

Remember how it felt after you flew your first solo.....I know life is not that simple but sometimes it would be worthwhile for all of us to remember...that wherever you might be and whatever logo might be on your uniform that we are at the end of the day....the same bloody species...!!!!!...we have enough other species trying to kill us of...so why do it to ourselves???....my 2cents for the day...

D Rate
14th Aug 2003, 10:11
Stick with it guys, nobody has told you NO!!:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

nike
14th Aug 2003, 17:12
happydriver: what are you driving at the mo?

wawoftam
15th Aug 2003, 20:25
qfpaypkt
in 2 yrs time your pay will be almost halved.
Imagine sitting next to u for a 10 hr day.
Thank christ that I didn't "make the grade"
You have reaffirmed my opinion of the little godlings in the BIG red rat;)

happydriver
16th Aug 2003, 09:36
Nike,

A 1997 Toyota howabout you mate?

EPIRB
16th Aug 2003, 12:40
Wawoftam, are you with QF management now? How do you know the pilots pay is going to be halved?

huan hung lo
16th Aug 2003, 15:35
Simply because he doesn't have a ****ing clue! Thats how.

Ausatco
16th Aug 2003, 16:43
Unless you know him do you really think a QF employee would give himself a handle like that and then write a post like that. It'd be a bit of a risk, wouldn't it?

I think, or at least fervently hope, that it's a wind up.

AA