PDA

View Full Version : baggage delays at MAN

rogerpenney
28th Jul 2003, 05:59
1hour 20 minutes for baggage to arrive in the baggage hall upon arrival at Manchester Terminal one on 26th July. When it did it was soaked and there were lots of complaints of damage to cases. What is going on? apparantly it is becoming the norm according to some passengers.

EGCC
28th Jul 2003, 07:23
Same S**t, different day unfortunately

Localiser Green
28th Jul 2003, 08:08
1hr 20 is pretty good I have waited 2hrs 10mins after a Monarch 757 flight from AGP (not far off what the flight time was!).

Any explanation as to why it can take over 2 hours to deliver our bags back to us at 1am? No....

Going back to flying from BHX again unless I can't avoid it from now on methinks. I used to think LHR was bad...

mantug01
28th Jul 2003, 17:09
No Staff.. and the ones who are there are past caring.

and bags get wet when it rains! :rolleyes:

dwlpl
28th Jul 2003, 22:46
Have you all got the correct airport?

Why, because Granada News is reporting that MAN is the BEST UK airport as voted for by the Sunday Times Travel readers.

The news item appears to be out of sync with the thread.

Frankfurt_Cowboy
29th Jul 2003, 03:24
I'm a little surprised myself, I'm always impressed with the speed that I get my bin bags tied up with string back at Tee one.

tampabay
29th Jul 2003, 07:04
I waited about 1hr 45 when i got off a flight from Sanford at MAN T1 last year when we were standing in the big reclaim hall TWO fire alarms sounded at different times, both of which caused no reaction with the passengers or staff. The belt conveyor thing started three or four times just to get the hopes of the passengers up before it was subsequently turned off without any bags being put on.