PDA

View Full Version : Be Careful What you Post here....

B Sousa
28th Jul 2003, 00:36
Reading the Sunday Times Paper I noticed a larger article regarding the SAA plane that was posted on PPrune regarding the Pilots ALLEGED indifference to ATC while over Africa. This is the second time that the Press Vultures have used info from this site to "Authenticate" their articles.
As most of you are using anonymous names it would take a while and a Court Order for someone to find out your true identity. HOWEVER anything is possible with a little Zama-Zama in the right pocket.
Just be careful...........

planecrazi
28th Jul 2003, 02:39
But then again, it's Rumour Network and I'm sure Sunday Times reads the web site title...

28th Jul 2003, 02:43
It wouldnt take too long to find out who you are. Every time you post, your IP adress gets logged and then they would simply track you down through your service provider.
I saw the article in the sundaytimes and I wonder how the press can go bezerk on unconfirmed information obtained from a rumour network.

Would be interesting though to see what SAA plans to do with the "perpetrator".

helldog
29th Jul 2003, 00:44
I heard that two male reporters from the Sunday Times had a very long "meeting" in a SAA lav! I was told by a friend of a friend who knows a guy whos uncle was on the flight. Scandal at the Times!!! Could there be any truth to this rumour? Maybe in the next Sunday Times we will read about two reporters arested for commiting a lewd act on a flight. :p

Very irresponsible reportage if this was your only source.:yuk: Maybe they just needed to fill a blank spot on the page.

Cheers

Gunship
29th Jul 2003, 03:35
Hallo Bert from down under here in the best of the Cape ;)

Bert I "hear" what you are saying, but the opposite is also true.

I speak under correction but I think I m correct in saying that PPRuners rumours re-opened the Chinook accident ... in fact last that I looked the Chinook thread is still going after all these years ...

But by purely going to what a football player username from Nigeria says is wery , wery wongg ... :p

Enjoy yourself up North mate.

Gunzzzz