PDA

View Full Version : ATPL-Melbourne Area

N12EPR
28th Jul 2003, 00:24
Can anyone recommend a place (or a person) who would be able to teach the ATPL theory in the Melbourne area ? Preferably in a full-time study environment.

Also I have been researching other places to do the theory study - can anyone give me an opinion of the AFT school (in Queensland) and their teaching/materials ?

Ang737
28th Jul 2003, 07:06
G'Day N12EPR

I did my ATPL with Nathan Higgins at AFT in Maroochydore. Lovely part of the world to be studying. The course was great and the instructional techniques second to none... Definately well worth it. Try and stay at the Quest apartments if you can...

In Melbourne you could try Wayne Tempany call Crest Aviation on 9379 9032 and they will give you his number... There is also Lionel Taylor who is renowed for his knowledge and uncanny ability to sight publication references off the cuff....

Hope this helps and good luck with the study

Ang ;)

pohm1
28th Jul 2003, 18:26
I am currently using AFT notes to home study the ATPL(H). The material and support is great if you-

1. Cannot spare the time to go residential.

2. Have some self motivation to study after work.

I did CPL(H) as a resident at Maroochydore and can thoroughly recommend it. I spent 6 weeks studying my b@#*$ off while my wife was at the beach!

If you don't want to buy the whole AFT kit at once you can go subject by subject or get a discount on the lot together.

high talker
30th Jul 2003, 15:26
The only way to do it is through AFT. The course is great and gets it over and done fairly quickly, self study tends to drag on for months if not years. It Cost me around $3500 for the course in Maroochy This included the classes accomidatioin at Pacific paridise resort and beer and food for the 5 and half weeks. Suggest staying at the resort dont stay in the big brother houses to many destractions. AFT the only way!!!

Chocks Away
8th Aug 2003, 10:32
Did it with Noel Lamonte, at Southern Flight School, MB... but that was years ago.

I don't know if the champion is still there, he is certainly worth searching out, even for a "waffle" as he's extremely knowledgeable and knew the tests better than the people setting them!

I hope the ol' bloke is still punching!

:ok:

FO Cokebottle
8th Aug 2003, 23:40
Seek out Wayne Tempney.
Contactable through RMIT at Point Cook
Do yourself a favour......:ok: