PDA

View Full Version : Why closed it????

jet4hire
27th Jul 2003, 01:41
It was such an iterested topic!!! but yeah just like any other Latin American country...............:mad: censored all the information or opinions that cause any ........????

Anyways open your ears and mind these isn't the 50thies!!!

Panama Jack
28th Jul 2003, 23:17
:confused:

I didn't notice it until you mentioned it-- thought that interest had completely dropped off. I was actually looking forward to a reply/rebuttal from my worthy colleague Buffalowing-- who's point of view I disagree with completely but I still respect him.

While I am completely against name calling and slurs, I feel that Captain Stable's warnings have been heeded by all participating parties and apoligies have been made for those who got close to the edge.

Remember also, that this is the "Latin American" forum. In Latin America, opinions run the broad range of the spectrum and these opinions are rarely shallow or superficial. It is is completely normal to voice these opinions and this forum should provide a vehicle for that to be done. God knows, we might actually be able to break down some of the ugly stereotypes and come to understand each other better.

Squawk7777
29th Jul 2003, 11:09
I was also interested in this thread ... :confused:

My only explanation is that either Captain Stable or the topic starter deleted the thread. Why don't we continue here instead?

jet4hire
29th Jul 2003, 12:48
reply!!! but apparently Capt. Stable decided to closed it or banned it who knows!!! the thing is that if I could vote to replace the moderator I would...............

But, as we all know you are :mad: :( :mad: when you want to express the true!!!!

B Sousa
31st Jul 2003, 01:47
Over here in Africa, I dont get close to the Computer much, but this thread caught my eye. I can only guess which thread got the boot. I also thought it had died out.
For sure not the first time The Mod Police have dumped threads. Censor Police get very touchy feely, but bottom line is its there website. If in fact Capt Stable was reaching his Mach Number.....as said it could have been the original poster.........

"Lets Get it On"
(Attributed to Mills Lane)

Panama Jack
3rd Aug 2003, 01:25
Well, I have still been puzzling over why the other thread was closed unless it was because the originator of the thread decided to close it. Or perhaps it was felt that the topic had been beaten to death? I certainly didn't think so.

I posted a message to Captain Stable asking for him to give his input-- I imagine, like many pilots, he is a busy man and not able to check the forum on a daily basis. If a line were crossed and he decided to close the forum, I would have liked for a clear explation of what the limits are.

Just went surfing in the Middle East forum, and many of the posts there go considerably more vicious than anything that was on our thread.

Pondering. :confused:

B Sousa
3rd Aug 2003, 14:48
Either way its gone now. Im sure the good Captain will jump on this one as soon as he has a chance.
Touchy feely is alive in well in most of the world now. People dont want to "Offend". One of the reasons I have to take my shoes off now going through the airport, while someone else may be hiding who knows what in their "Head Attire".
I can imagine this some years ago as I was about to hop into my OD colored Helicopter. "Yes Sir, you are armed with 72 rockects, Mini gun has 3000 rounds and 240 rounds 40mm up front, but ahhh Sir would you mind if we check your boots for Dangerous Weapons??"
Life Goes on...........

Captain Stable
5th Aug 2003, 00:03
Yes, I closed the thread.

It had little to do with aviation, and was becoming a thinly-disguised cover for some rather unappealing comments.

PPRuNe is not a democracy. There is no "right of free speech" here. If you don't like my decision, you can appeal to Danny.

Panama Jack
6th Aug 2003, 02:27
Captain Stable wrote:

"It had little to do with aviation, and was becoming a thinly-disguised cover for some rather unappealing comments.

PPRuNe is not a democracy. There is no "right of free speech" here. If you don't like my decision, you can appeal to Danny."

Actually, Capt. Stable, I would respectfully have to disagree with you on the position that the thread had "little to do with aviation," although you have made it amply clear that you have made your decision.

I would like to toss out a few thoughts though. While there may be no "right of free speech" on the Caribbean and Latin American forum, is there no room for debate? If there is room for debate, then that implies that there is room for conflicting opinions and some measure of free speech. If there is no room for debate, then what purpose do any of these forums serve? Is it only for people to ask "Anybody know about jobs?"

If you were to review some of the postings in some of the other regional forums which offer disenting views, debate and, perhaps, people exercising free speech. This keeps the discussion interesting, something normally lacking on this particular forum. I agree that there always should be an aire of respect, which brings me to my next point.

If there are some party crashers, those who ruin it for everone, is it more appropriate to throw the party crashers out or simply shut down the party for everyone? Could you please take the time to explain to all of us what you consider to be acceptable and unacceptable dialogue here?

jet4hire
7th Aug 2003, 01:48
I can't believe "Captain stable" is acting like a Dictador "Dictator"
We don't like this explanation!!! Any forum in this site has a freedom of speech to post anything without offending anybody!!
go to Middle East forum and try to close that one!!!

:*

Danny
7th Aug 2003, 02:09
Any forum in this site has a freedom of speech to post anything without offending anybody!!Errr.... I think not! Mind you... you can always try and bribe me to ignore something you think should be allowed on here but then it wouldn't exactly be 'free speech' now, would it?! :confused:

Please refer to my post on the thread in question. :suspect: