PDA

View Full Version : Important Notice Must Read.

Woomera
26th Jul 2003, 18:17
I have to day recieved a heads up on a post regarding the thread concerning the Coroners report on the Whyalla Airlines tragedy.

This thread has been sent to Administration.

A poster made certain comments and allegations, supported by another that were way beyond the pale and have the real potential for legal action against him or her.

PPRuNe offers their apologies to the affected parties without reservation, for any harm that may have occured, before the posts could be moderated.

Danny has made it crystal clear, given that the appropriate legal process is satisfied, he will NOT afford any protection to anyone who feels that they can use this Forum to mount libelous attacks on any person or organisation under the cloak of anonymity.

It is inevitable that there will be strong and diverse feelings about the accident and the subsequent events, but this does not mitigate innappropriate posts.

The users have been banned.

kym
27th Jul 2003, 13:47
Keep up the good work Woomera:ok:

axiom
27th Jul 2003, 14:41
Great one Woomera:

Where did you apply these standards when YOU used this medium as a platform for your (and your mate's) putsch on the AOPA Board and your subsequent win?

Seems like it's Ok when you do it, not when the election is over and we censor this and the AOPA forum to BOOT.

I think the reading audience here would like some more information on this, not just, "postee banned".

Could we have some sensible and non confrontationalist reply, or does your a lack of same confirm our already cynical suspicions.

Keep some of the ratbags tied to their leashes also, it's so obvious.

Torres
28th Jul 2003, 04:02
axiom. If Big W is referring to the posts I think he's referring to, the posts were not only in bad taste, more likely libellous and not supported by fact.

Woomera's actions were entirely appropriate.

Woomera
28th Jul 2003, 09:16
axiom

So we can assume from your comments that you think it is OK to assert that an individual or group of individuals are either "on the take", corrupt, criminals or whatever takes your fancy, without any evidence to support it.

There has been more than one post just lately on different subjects and issues in this manner and we simply will not tolerate it, even to the point that we may have to consider either;

Moderating each post before it is allowed to be published, and there are lot of BBs that do this.
It is time consuming for the voluntary Moderators and spoils the "real time" discussion

or

Closing the Dunnunda Forum altogether.

We do this voluntarily so that you may have the facility to "go off" at us within the bounds of the rules. :rolleyes:

And BTW provide an opprotunity for you to put forward your views on whatever, so that they may be judged for what they are worth by the other PPRuNers here.

We, collectively, that is all of us Woomeri, will not cop any abuse from you or anyone for imagined slights or wrongs.

Go figure.

axiom
28th Jul 2003, 12:38
Woomeri;

There was nothing imagined about the villification of Hamilton, Lyon, McKeown and yes Murphie on Pprune and some was done in a most liabelous manner.

It was a credit to their collective "Statesman" upbringing that none brought the legal eagles into play. (like some of the winning "team AOPA" did), by putting people on notice in a spirited electoral debate.

I say again, and, without the knowledge of what the matter pertained to and how, Why is this different, and if it is, what standards do you judge the aforementioned villification and this issue?

Again, and without reprinting the offending item, what was it all about?

Next Generation
28th Jul 2003, 15:40
Closing the Dunnunda Forum altogether.

Now that is the first decent suggestion I have heard in a long time !!!!!!!!!!!!.................

Torres
28th Jul 2003, 15:59
Registered: Jun 2003. Haven't been around long, have you Next Generation?

The First Generation remember the times the Dunnunda Forum was closed due to inappropriate posts.

Woomera
28th Jul 2003, 19:02
axiom

It goes like this.

We have no intention of acceding to your "demands".

Why and on what basis the recently offending posts were removed and the posters banned is our business and frankly none of yours.

We administer PPRuNe according to our rules not yours, whether you choose to remain here is your choice.

You are of course free to draw whatever conclusions or parallels you wish around the recent AOPA elections in so far as PPRuNes involvement is concerned.

We understand the AOPA Forum was closed because of the behaviour of some of the posters there.

PPRuNe with the full cooperation of Danny and Rob provided a hosting service and because of the sensitivities, moderated by all of the Woomeri, Rob and Admin for the preelection debate.

Whether or not the "statesmen" you describe chose to engage or not in their own names and they were always welcome to do so or whether they actually did or did not using other persona/s and we have some evidence that some did, is of no concern to us.

You may be able to describe to us, how one persona can be in two different places at once, but we are frankly not interested.

That is their decision, not ours.

It has been suggested to us that PPRuNe is of little or no concern to the real players, what and who ever they are or may be and that the opinions expressed here are of little or no account.
Contempt is a word bandied about.
I'm sure that there are some who hold a very different opinion.
Sobeit.
PPRuNe is what it is, to whoever participates.
So why should you worry. We do not.

You would also insult those that are of an independant mind if you think that they are unable to separate the wheat from the chaff herein and are so easily swayed by the to and froing here.

We do not hold PPRuNe out to be anything other than a Rumour and News Forum, nothing more nothing less, if they are so easily swayed as you would suggest, by what goes on here, then why would you value of their opinion.

The AOPA election has been held, it will be again next year.

I am closing this thread and I will close any other thread in which you attempt to continue this line of conduct.

You can call it censorship or whatever you like, but WE the Woomeri run the ship around here.

If you dont like it then go play somewhere else.

Torres

That would really be the easiest solution, but why should we penalise the majority for the imagined woes of a few.:rolleyes:

Torres
29th Jul 2003, 07:01
Axiom, the offending post I saw inferred an “improper pecuniary interest", possibly by a public figure of my acquaintance. I for one found the post offensive and inappropriate to post anonymously on PPRuNe.

From Woomera's post there may have been other equally offensive posts, which I did not see .

I am not a "Woomeri" nor am I a Member of, or associated with AOPA and fail to see your connection.

My concern is for the integrity of PPRuNe, it’s founder and voluntary Moderators.

Axiom = an established rule, principle, or law. Similar in definition no doubt, to the laws of libel?

axiom
29th Jul 2003, 07:31
Thank you Torres, that is all I wanted to know regarding the offending post. The AOPA matter is a thing between Woomeri and myself and I apologise if it interferred with the thread.

I only wanted some information about a rumour on a rumour network.