PDA

View Full Version : Jobs with the RAAF

StopStart
26th Jul 2003, 04:26
Just "casually" looking for some info on joining/transferring to the RAAF. Someone posted a link on here ages ago that showed what roles the RAAF were currently looking to fill.
Anyone know the address?

Cheers

http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/ozmate2.gif

Meat pies, football, kangaroos and Holden cars. That's the eligibility test done then.... ;) Gizajob.

juliet
26th Jul 2003, 05:58
dont go mate, full of aussies

Captain Sand Dune
26th Jul 2003, 08:41
"Were" recruiting is about right. The RAAF is over-borne with pilots at the moment. Even ex-RAAF pilots are gaving trouble getting back in. As far as lateral recruiting (ie non-RAAF types) goes, you chances are much improved if you have a QFI and/or FJ background.
I would expect that the RAAF will not recruit laterally for about another 6 to 12 months.
Good luck.

oldpinger
26th Jul 2003, 10:42
If you've ot any rotary time in you could try the navy or dare I say it even the army... (they've got fixed wing as well)

Samuel
26th Jul 2003, 10:51
That's because, thanks to our Helen, half the RNZAF air and ground crews are now RAAF!

RoboAlbert
26th Jul 2003, 13:47
StopStart

As you know I went a long way down that route but it’s currently on hold. They've stopped lateral recruitment for this financial year and said nothing before Jul 04 at the earliest - mind you that might suit you timings wise. Whilst the QFI thing isn't going to a player - could you get a schoolhouse slot until you leave or alternatively a tac course would make you more attractive to them.

If you see me at the Sqn I can give you some more gen and 'Janes all the world' copies of the RAAF news.

Cheers

RA :E

BEagle
26th Jul 2003, 14:07
Stoppers - did I read your post correctly? Meat pies and Holdens with great big V8s I can accept - even kangaroos! But football?? Did I teach you nothing about the standards expected of officers all those years ago? Kevball indeed:yuk:

Charlie Luncher
26th Jul 2003, 18:55
Little fella

If you have the skills they are recruiting, some of the ex RAAF types did the the old get stuffed I'm off approach and thus are not being welcomed back.

The shiraz is a little warmer but a lot cheaper than the UK.

Charlie sends

StopStart
27th Jul 2003, 02:56
RA, I was really just looking to see what they were up to - I've got a couple of years left.

Would give my left arm (not the right one obviously) for a tac course but have missed that boat there http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/frown2.gif.
They're training up all the execs, admin staff and cleaners before the gash sqn bods.....
Hmmm, think I'll have a packet of crisps to go with that pint of Bitterness :p ;)

Anyway, I plan to have a sniff around the SI/FI side of things on the sqn in a couple of months but I thought the schoolhouse was going all QFI only? I'll track you down on the sqn :)

BEags - kevball, perish the thought!! "Football" is a reference to their perculiar brand of rugby/fighting that they pass off as "Rules". Kevball indeed http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/jpshakehead.gif

BEagle
27th Jul 2003, 03:22
My faith is restored! Glad you meant that weird gladiatorial mud-fighting thing they call 'Australian Football' - aka 'Oz rules'.

Holden Monaro with large whoomfling V8 under the bonnet - excellent!"

Banggearo
27th Jul 2003, 04:25
SS

Cx yer PMs

Banggers

redsnail
27th Jul 2003, 06:24
Onya Stopstart,
Remember, the word "root" has a different meaning downunder. :E

StopStart
27th Jul 2003, 07:32
Ah, Reddo ;)

Reckon I could cope with that sort of misunderstanding though...

:ok:

Fox3snapshot
27th Jul 2003, 07:32
redsnail...

So does "fanny" heh heh snicker.....awwww geeez skip !

If you want to become an Air Traffiker and have women swoon and fall at your feet completely bezotted by your humour, wit, charm and generally wonderful personality, the RAAF are short about 70 or so....

:E

Sorry I am just basing those results on personal experience, these results may not be typical for all personality types and batteries not included.

:=

John Eacott
27th Jul 2003, 15:43
BEag's

North of the divide, footy's that funny game with two goal posts, the one that the K1W1's did so well at last night :( South, us Mexican's watch "aerial ping pong", with a bunch of prima donna's who don't like getting wet or muddy. Hence the AFL put a roof over the stadium, to keep the sun out in summer, and the rain out in winter :rolleyes:

Monaro's a wimp's car, get a real V8 in an HSV......... :cool:

Cheap wine? I just had to pay $9.45 for a cab merlot, these export prices are spoiling life, have to drink beer next :p

DutchRoll
27th Jul 2003, 18:37
SS,

Unfortunately (or fortunately, if you're in charge of RAAF pilot manning levels) the demise of Ansett Airlines & the general airline downturn aka Iraq and SARS (QF has suspended recruitment for the time being) has caused the mass RAAF pilot exodus to become but a miniscule weep. So there's not a lot of demand at the moment...............but watch this space. 12 months is a short time in aviation.

By the way, don't pay any attention to that 'Aussie Rules' thing. You'll get by fine on rugby (real rugby that is, not that poofy league stuff).