PDA

View Full Version : Heathrow Car Parking

Jinkster
26th Jul 2003, 00:19
I am flying out of Heathrow in November to LA with VA and wondering where the cheapest place is to park the car.

Any help would be much appreciated

rsoman
26th Jul 2003, 00:41
From what I am hearing nowadays it is cheaper to book a hotel room at one of the airport hotels who will usually thrown in upto a couple of weeks parking for free. This supposedly works out cheaper tha the airport car parks.

There was a quite a big article in The Telegraph about this with details of costs etc. Just go to the telegraph website and search in the travel section with "Airport Parking". You will have to register first which is free.

Hope this helps

Cheers

phreegreens
26th Jul 2003, 05:34
Although aimed at the leisure market, holiday extras always have some pretty sharp prices, watch the "on" and "off" airport locations, some of the off are a fair old way away especially after a night pull back from LAX. Personally, Pink Elephant gets my vote for the central terminals, lots of buses, quick transfer, loads of space in the car park...

g'luck :ok:

http://www.holidayextras.co.uk/

bealine
26th Jul 2003, 14:37
I've always found Purple Parking reasonable, but they are a few miles away from LHR. To me, though, it's worth it!

http://www.purpleparking.com/

pilotwolf
27th Jul 2003, 00:08
We used Purple Parking too...

Good value - discount to BAA ID Pass holders. Paid about £3 a day, in May this year.

As Bealine says they are a little way north of LHR but there is a free courtesy bus although if travelling early in the morning allow plenty of time for the transfer.

Globaliser
28th Jul 2003, 16:11
Slightly OT because the OP was looking for cheap, but Purple Parking have a wonderful chauffeur service for something like £35 extra (or £17.50) each way. Outbound they meet you at the terminal and take your car from you there, leaving you with just the walk into the building to check in. On the return they bring the car to the terminal and you just drive off home. I've used this service for years and, quite apart from the convenience, it has saved me missing flights on more than one occasion (once by less than 30 seconds).