PDA

View Full Version : ATC Speech - David Gunson

PushingTin111
24th Jul 2003, 23:31
Hey folks!

Does anyone know where I could find a speech made by a guy called David Gunson....I think!

He made a speech to a group of bankers many years ago about Air Traffic Control. Very, very funny and witty. I'm dying to get my hands on a copy. I think it might be called..'what goes up might come down' Something like that anyhow. I tried searching for it on Kazaa.com but no joy.

Cheers All!:confused:

MaximumPete
24th Jul 2003, 23:36
You can buy the CD from www.amazon.co.uk

MP:D

tallseabird
25th Jul 2003, 00:24
I'm sure I answered this the other day - Audiostreet have it - 8.99

Amazon are out of stock

EyesToTheSkies
25th Jul 2003, 04:34
I've heard the tape and think it's hilarious, but I'd really like to see him in person. I've never been able to find anything much on the web, although an agent of his once said he had no plans to tour the South East at that time (6 months ago?)

Charlie Fox
25th Jul 2003, 04:50
CD & Audio Cassette available from Transair. Title What Goes up Might Come Down. £11.99 for the cassette & £14.99 for the CD

radar707
25th Jul 2003, 06:34
You can listen to the first 12 minutes of the speech here:

What Goes Up Might Come Down (http://members.lycos.co.uk/g0tng/prog/gunson.mp3)

niknak
27th Jul 2003, 05:32
Even better, you can have a copy for nowt, just donate the postage costs and a suitable amount to the Cheshire Homes Foundation,( PM with your address and the amount..)
I was given 2 of the same tapes one birthday, and since I only have the ability to play one at any one time, the other is a bit superferlous.
Still very funny many years on, I don't know if Mr Gunson still does his speeches, or if he's retired to his private villa in Solihull ;)

bagpuss lives
27th Jul 2003, 07:53
David Gunson does indeed still perform at corporate dinners and the like - the last locally to me being in late March when he spoke to the IEE Annual Dinner in Manchester.

The CD or tape is well worth getting :)

Unwell_Raptor
27th Jul 2003, 08:49
I bought it last week from Audiostreet for under £10 inc. postage. It arrived in 2 days.

priscilla
28th Jul 2003, 17:43
Who is this Mr Gunson ? Why did he make that speech to Bankers, at which occasion?

Hippy
1st Aug 2003, 07:33
Dave (Bunny) Gunson - airline pilot turned ATCO who has an extreme talent for hilarious after dinner speaking. Why bankers? Don't know, guess that just happened to be the one they recorded. If you are in the aviation industry, you must find a copy to listen. But on the other hand, if you're French you better not unless you have thick skin! ;)

priscilla
3rd Aug 2003, 20:20
Thick skin? ...Well, I first have to have a sharp ear cause it's not so easy to understand for a Frenchy...but I'll work on it! I'll give an extract to our english teacher in the tower, I think he'll appreciate it! ;)

Playpen
12th Aug 2003, 02:31
I find this speech , although welll written , all a bit old hat now.

Check out a guy called Jonte Bloom when you get a chance...

PushingTin111
13th Aug 2003, 06:07
Who's Jonte Bloom? Where can I find his stuff?

Airist
14th Aug 2003, 06:38
When I worked for a certain national broadcasting organisation, JontY Bloom was our Business/Economics correspondent.

Is this just a coincidence? How many of these Bloomers can there be? :ooh: