PDA

View Full Version : West Africa

helldog
24th Jul 2003, 18:13
G'day all,

I was just looking up some old posts on WAfrica. Seems like there is a fair bit of activity over that way. However I have found it hard to get contact details for any companies in DRC. I know the best way to get work is to actually go there.

So some advice. I am working in Tanzania but thinking of making a move over that way soon. I have 1400 hours, all bush flying. Here is the plan. I save up 3000USD and head to Kinshasa, look for work. Thats it. So can you lads and girls over that way rate my plan on a scale of 0 to 10. The zero is " You stupid fool keep the job you have and stay there" 10 is " Get your but over here because you will get some turbine work"

Cheers

blowawayjet
24th Jul 2003, 20:01
to go to kinshasa, and to find a job there? it would be the 0 , unless you don't mind to fly for free, then it would be the 10....think about it....

Goffel
25th Jul 2003, 15:16
Hell dog.
You must be an Aussie.
With the thoughts of giving up your job to go to Kin without any prospects comfims it.
Tell you what,post your job on the prune so someone can have your job in Tanz.
Want advice.Stay put.
I'm sure a lot of people will give you the same advice.
:E

helldog
26th Jul 2003, 00:13
Thats not what I wanted to hear. But I asked for it. Ok I will hang here for a while.

Tell you what Goffel, when I do pack up and leave I will try to pass the work onto a fellow pruner.

Cheers for the advice. Oh yeah I am an Aussie:ok:

non sched
28th Jul 2003, 00:10
There's a new startup in Nigeria. Starts flying in August with Beech 1900's. Link below is to a post here.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96862