PDA

View Full Version : Yet an other Airline in NZ

skydozer
24th Jul 2003, 15:48
I heard today that AIRWORK are looking to start internal operations in NZ with 737-300's ....... ex ANSETT aircraft as far as I am aware.

Can't understand that the hell is going on down here, the place is going mad! Is this an attempt to shut out Virgin or to go up against Jetconnect ......... :mad: knows!:confused:

Flying Kangaroo
24th Jul 2003, 18:07
Should we consider it good news the arrival of a new airline in New Zeland? :hmm:

Cypher
24th Jul 2003, 18:50
G,the airline industry in NZ, feels like a house of cards doesn't it?

Shaky, wobbly, flimsy, and ready to fall down into a heap on the table at the slightest bump!

Colonel Blink
25th Jul 2003, 06:29
I did hear that there were big capacity problemc from Dunedin to AKL, but can't see how they intend to fill seats, unless of course they intend to offer the JAFA's new routes to the Coromandel, BOP or Northland to visit their baches (sp?)

* JAFA for those who don't know = just another f'ing Aucklander*

deepee
25th Jul 2003, 13:30
Maybe they'll get it right and fly Aucklanders to destinations of their own choice,who in their right mind would want to go Wellington(unless you're a gravy train rider).Points further south are of no relevance,is Dunedin part of Tasmania??:D

Torres
25th Jul 2003, 13:43
Not yet. But you'd probably do Australia a favour if you invaded and took over Tasmania.

Ahhh. Island of my birth. A bloody old people's home surrounded by a National Park! :D

Qduck
25th Jul 2003, 14:11
Doesn't Airwork have shares in an Airline slightly to the west of YSNF?:8

prospector
25th Jul 2003, 17:06
Torres,
We would have a hard job mustering enough effective force to even take on an old peoples home, and what we could muster would get lost in the National Park. If they could hold out against some canoes and sharp sticks you are stuck with them, sorry.

Prospector