PDA

View Full Version : Q for EK crew already in DXB

redcap
23rd Jul 2003, 15:08
Hi

I have just been offered an Aircraft Dispatchers position with EK starting in a couple of months.

In the interview i was told our furnished apartment was the same as the cabin crews. I would be grateful to know what the apartments are like:

1. do they have washing machines
2. irons, ironing boards etc
3. air con
4. access to gym and swimming pool
5. how do you guys get to the airport and back
6. is there many good bars out in DXB where everyone gathers
7. whats the camel racing like

Would be grateful for any info available as a bit worried!

Many thanks

red

aduum
25th Jul 2003, 02:04
Hi Red,

Just wondering if you had previous experience before you recieved the job?

I am currently looking to find employment within an airline with no previous experience and I was just wondering your history before you got this position?

Any info would be great.

Thanks, ad.

redcap
25th Jul 2003, 02:38
Ad

Yeah i have worked in aviation since i was 18 and left college.

Have worked on the ramp, checkin, dispatch, duty manager.

Have a look at emiratesgroupcareers.com and check out their vacancies. they tell you what experience they are looking for.

Rgds

Dispatchguy
25th Jul 2003, 04:41
Nut sure if this is the same with ground staff, but cabin crew before joining EK get a detailed written description of accomodation + whats there including all the bits and pieces like how many towels are there, bed linen etc.

I'm sure we also get some basic information included in the joining instructions.

//Dispatchguy

carrioke
25th Jul 2003, 20:36
Hi there. Cabin crew have either single apts if they are senior or 2 or 3 bed to share if junior.
All apts are A/C, furniture all provided including all the white electrical and bills paid for.
starter pack also include iron, toaster, ironing board, bed linen, towels crockery and cutlery etc

There is a gym and pool in every building and lots of bars that everyoine gathers, esp. scarletts, alamos, if youre a pilot!!