PDA

View Full Version : PPruners Up North Party Also

B Sousa
23rd Jul 2003, 04:13
Since travel seems to be a problem for those in Joberg or Pretoria. I suggest we start looking for a place and a date (plenty of time) to gather up here (Pretoria).
It could be a Bar with reasonable prices or something like the Rotor Arms or an IPA Bar .
There are a lot of Pilot types up this way who would be more than welcome and can also be introduced to the benefits of being on PPrune...........
OK. I suggested it and am willing to throw in some Yankee Greenbacks for a Keg. Who wants to run with it........

Rhodie
23rd Jul 2003, 04:24
Sounds like a fine idea Bert - we can show the Cape' boys how we do it at altitude (5500')

Will give you a call and work on a few locations...

R

:= :D :yuk: :ugh::zzz:

Flying Bean
23rd Jul 2003, 13:23
Yes. Great Idea. About time we had an African Bash. But can we please have pleanty of notice, at least 4 weeks, so that the more far flung Ppruners from up Real North (zambia,Bots, Tanz etc) can get there. We await with interest details of location etc!!:ok:

Gunship
23rd Jul 2003, 15:40
Ok ... guys you from the 'Vaal .. we know you pims do not have a location like our bash - so understand you lost that one ..

Be great to your fellow aviators and just make a plan and send some real biltong down.

In exchange you can come and fly in the Huey (at R850.00 for 30 minutes), so do not try to beat our position .. try to gather some biltong for us oke's starving down here ...

Uhmm yes Tassies allowed .. :yuk:

Autorotate
23rd Jul 2003, 17:40
Hey Bert

How long you in SA for. Also you recognise this fella, shot on Entabeni. Freddie was flying the camera ship.:ok:

http://homepage.mac.com/helipilot/PPRuNe/350africa1.jpg

:E

B Sousa
24th Jul 2003, 05:11
It seems we have at least a little interest going as to a party. Also some from farther North need a bit of time. Im so flexible its sickening so just for starters hows about sometime near the end of August.
Now We have to find someone who wants to find a spot. I have made a couple of suggestions. If its going to cost anything and few are showing up, it means a public place so We can really show our collective asses. If We get a good group than We can find one of those private places where one can drink till he pukes and nobody will know......
Keep this thing going till we get some organization, it may turn out to be an annual bash. heaven help those who can do it twice a year.
Needle Split..........Cant see the pilot, so dont think I know, unless its one of my many Camera oriented friends.
Guns, You want Billtong, you shouldnt have sold out and gone South of the Big Mountain Range. North is where History was written, and the Best Biltong is everywhere...........I have some good stuff here at the house.

Gunship
25th Jul 2003, 03:15
These words come to mind :

The North can not even organise a pi55 - up in a Brewery

Boys and girls ... maybe we should charter a plane for you oke's to join us here in the Cape.

Ask REAL ORCA (renamed SPERM WHALE last night) how he joined the Capies and I am sure enjoyed it ... :p

So for expert info - askFrancois to organise a venue for you oke's :ugh:

Cheers from the REAL South Africa (we have biltong in shops).

Gunnss (still with a moerowe headache ... eischh Tassies got me ! :yuk: )

B Sousa
25th Jul 2003, 06:07
Guns
If my History serves me correct. The guys who had the Balls, Trekked North while you others sat on your hands. When I spoke with you folks on the phone last night you sounded as if you couldnt find your ass with both hands........
WE WILL have some kind of party up here at some point in time. You are welcome to Join. Just get in your rust Buckets and put N on the Compass.

REAL ORCA
25th Jul 2003, 11:29
Thanks to all, especially Francois, for a great party-still nursing a small headache! It was really great to see old and now BIG friends hey Gunzzz! Pity you guys fade so early down south - by 12 everybody was in bed.

Have to agree with Bert. Still prefer the beer and biltong of the north to the Tassies and bokkoms of the south!:}

Goldfish Jack
25th Jul 2003, 13:43
You guys up north could never organise a party like Guns did for us.

It was great to be there and see meet all the nicknames.

No matter what you do, it will never be as good as the Cape one.

Hey and sperm whale ....... just because you got to the party late and missed the stripper and and and and and and and, but you are forgiven because you did make the effort, which is appreciated, but then we know you love flying down here because everything is so much better than up there...............

We thank you very much!!!

REAL ORCA
26th Jul 2003, 01:28
Did I say bokkoms, I meant goldfish!:} :}

Cardinal Puff
28th Jul 2003, 19:33
Posted before reading this thread. Referring to the dopey post, how about Eastwood's?

As for the keg, if Bert feels flush enough to donate one, I'll back him up with another as long as they're Gilroys.

Back to the venue......
How about looking at something around Midrand/Lanseria area? There's a donkey walloping establishment near Lanseria with a fair bar and I'm sure we can arrange braai facilities. The wives and kids can go smack dogfood while the manne get into the dop and chop. With enough up front support we can arrange for a sheep on the spit or some such thing.

Gunship
29th Jul 2003, 11:27
Cheers Bokkom .. uhmm I mean Goldfish .. I thank you very much for reminding SPERM WHALE that she came (arrived) 5 hours after those that count. :E

Sperm whale - the odd hour that I can remember was still great seeing you (as the photo's indicate we still have a bond :oh: )

:p Yirre ek was dronk ..

To you Vaalies .. guys catch a wake up and organise a f.....n party .. just say where and when and those that make it WANTS / WANTED to be there !

Remember the invite CAACHIEF he is a real good guy !

Cheers and good luck with your organisational ability :zzz:

:p :p :p