PDA

View Full Version : Celebrities on board

mysecretsmile
23rd Jul 2003, 00:42
I was wondering if any of you boys and girls had stories, either funny or otherwise regardng celebrities that you have had the pleasure or misfortune to serve on a flight ?!?

Lukeafb1
24th Jul 2003, 19:38
Mysecretsmile,

Don't have any personal experiences (apart from as SLF), I'm ex-air force. But I remember a book which was published many years ago and was written by (I believe) a Pan Am stewardess. Its title was "Coffee, Tea or Me" and had many anecdotes about celebrity SLF. One chapter was entitled "Good Guy Passengers and Not So Good Guy Passengers" and related stories mainly about Hollywood celebrities. The only ones I remember, were Liz Taylor (Good Guy) and Sidney Poitier (!).

Probably not still in print, but from what I remember, was a good read.

mysecretsmile
26th Jul 2003, 02:31
thanks for that Lukeafb1

carrioke
30th Jul 2003, 17:11
Its still in print!!! Bought it the other day with an updated forward! Quite amusing, makes you long for those days where you could have a little more humour at work, and when people made the effort to dress up on a flight and actually appreciated what cabin crew were there for!! Now its air rage , smoking in the toilet, abusing crew and a zillion special meals requests, but I still love it!!!..anyway I digress

Famous personalities. There was a post on this a couple of months ago I think, but on my flights I have had Imran Khan, Fred the weather man!!, royalty, Jamiroquai who were such fun and great to travel with. Jill Dando..every such a nice lady, Shane Warne, but in Dubai I have met, Enrique Iglesias, Bruce Willis, Wesley Snipes, Naomi Campbell, Claudia Schiffer, Sylvester Stallone . Everyone a good guy or girl but colleagues of mine have had some shady famous personalities, cant win them all!;)

Lukeafb1
30th Jul 2003, 17:45
Carrioke,

Where can I get a copy??

Lukeafb1
30th Jul 2003, 19:30
Answered my own last question.

You can get it from Amazon.com at a price of $10.40 plus shipping.

Tart with the cart
30th Jul 2003, 20:52
wow how cool! Check out amazon.co.uk :D

pinni
30th Jul 2003, 21:54
Celebs on board, Denise Welsh and her hubby (forgot his name), nothing extraordinary. Roy Walker (Its a good answer but its not right!), lovely man. Little and Large, one nice one rude - not saying which! Someone from Emmerdale who used to go out with Marlon, dont know her name but she was nice. Cilla Black and agent, all questions and answers addressed through agent, no really! Kenny Dalgleish, bit demanding but OK. Lisa Riley, fine. Sure theres more but cant think of any, yes you guessed it was charter - no really A class celebs!:confused:

737-800_only!
4th Aug 2003, 18:07
Jamie Rednapp, Maxine from Coronation Street.... Damon Hill very cool and Pat Jennings, ex Spurs keeper, What a nice bloke!!
And Dirty Den from Eastenders!! Bit miserable cos seatbelt sign on and wanted to argue... ho hum.!

(Dan 84)
My friend has had Cheryl from Girls Aloud... how i wish i was there!!!:ok:

dyllis
5th Aug 2003, 01:35
had Michael Douglas on my flight - and it was charter!!! (he was luverly)

flapsforty
5th Aug 2003, 01:52
Hey Smiley, some stories here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65795&highlight=celebrities) as well.
:)

reynoldsno1
5th Aug 2003, 05:15
Is it just me? I have never heard of most of these people....

Tony Flynn
5th Aug 2003, 05:46
ermm...... I think it's just you..................... sorry..............................

Qwannas
5th Aug 2003, 09:22
Flying with Sunstate I dont seem to see many 'celebs', but when I was with KD based out of SYD we used to do the CBR Shuttle and had a few now and again.........

I had Jeannie Little on one of my flights, she was so down to earth (and quite an attractive woman without those fake eyelashes). It was a stinking hot day and when I finally came down the cabin with the bar, she said very loudly "OH daaaaaahrling, I would KILL for a VBeeeeeeeee!!" Everyone just roared laughing. (I still like to use this line occasionally myself! :E )

I trod on Bronwyn Bishops foot once! The aircraft was on a steep climb and I slipped backwards and put my heel (with FULL body weight) on her toes! It really must have hurt as I could feel her tiny bones through my shoe. (Well, not completely my fault as she DID have her feet outstretched in the aisle!) She didnt say much (probably couldnt draw a breath) but was in quite alot of pain. She became very annoyed with me as I started to fuss and apologise profusely, she totally refused any ice or further attention. I was so embarassed. :uhoh:

The 'All Blacks' (footy team) were funny guys. It was an Easter weekend and everyone had a little foil wrapped Easter Egg on their tray. I was trying to do my PA to secure the cabin on descent and whilst doing so the players of the team all peeled their eggs and discreetly piled their foil wrappers in the big fuzzy head of hair at the front of the plane. He just sat their all polite and innocent, giving me his full attention, whilst his boyish team mates took the pi$$. I couldnt help but laugh. :}

The Australian Cricket Team had just won the World Cup and (I think it was) the Captain who had his sports bag stolen containing personal memroblia from the event. (It was a big deal at the time and all over the media.) So before getting on their flight with us, they all walk across the tarmac holding these HUGE sports bags. My Captain (female) saw them coming and together we stopped them all to get their bags tagged and have them placed in the cargo hold. (Neither of us knew who they were - not big sports fans! I just kept thinking to myself "Oh, my! Arent these guys all so tall and handsome!) They, being a bit defensive with their bags, werent happy and put up a bit of a fight - but the bags went in the back anyway. It wasnt until the FO (sports fan) came out to the aircraft that we learnt who these people were and why the big deal with their bags! He then handed me a pile of reprinted boarding passes and asked me nicely if I would go around and get autographs for him!! :suspect:

John Howard's wife is a truly lovely lady. Always very kind and polite. I was most impressed. :O

Thanks flaps forty, I really enjoyed that link! xx

Katt
5th Aug 2003, 10:20
Hi all. Being ex-AN I had a few celebrities on board. Mine include: Mark Philippoussis, a guy out of Water Rats, Ben Tari-All Saint's, Alf,Gysy,Shauna and someone else from Home and Away, Paul Mercurio, Canberra Raiders Football team, Brisbane Lions Football team, Tatiana Gregoriava and Viktor Chistiakov. There may have been a few more that I can't remember. All were pretty nice except a couple that thought they were a little better than they were:O

STARBUX
6th Aug 2003, 01:34
Hey Reynoldsno1,

Dont worry, it isnt just u!!! I have never heard of any of these has been hooters either!!! How about some REAL celebs!!!!!!!

haamdhanimaid
7th Aug 2003, 19:24
Took Shaggy from Colombo to Gulf - obnoxious - nose in the air and kept looking around as if he was expecting people to recognise him and fawn over him - so we studiously ignored him!

Also took William Hague and Seb Coe (who is TINY) to Colombo (dunno why they all seem to go there!). William Hague very nice, Seb Coe just sat back and got hammered! Started private flying out of Saudi and who was on my first flight only William Hague again a year later - and he remembered me! Very, Very nice man - quiet and unassuming.totally down to earth

Butrus Butrus Galli (not sure how to spell that) ex head of UN - and his armed bodyguard. Very sweet - about 70 - just like someones granddad - wanted a large whiskey but would not have it until he got confirmation it was bang on 5pm of whatever country we were flying over!

was supposed to have Gerie Halliwell from Gulf to London - had SPML for her and everything - no sugar or wheat. In the end she decided GF wasn't good enough for her and went on BA. Anoyed a lot of ground staff. We took all her crew though - good laugh. But alledgedly she suffers from delusions of grandeur.

Met Wesley Snipes this summer at Monaco grand Prix - nice guy but fugly in the flesh!! (sorry Wes) Also met Montoya the night he won grand prix.

Also met Punjabi MC, shook his hand and then said, "sorry, and you are?". didn't go down too well needless to say. :-)

titmitch
8th Aug 2003, 20:33
working at my old company where do i begin :confused:

weel there was Jeramy beedle who is nowhere near as cheerful as he is on the t.v :*

the whole of Celtic football team and press. and yes Martin O'Neill is as rude and demanding off bitch as here is on. the only player who was nice was Neil Lennon

the irish rugby team Munster who were all a great bunch of guys especially Mark O'Driscoll who was 6' 5'' of pure lush and called me a legend and gave me a little peck on the cheek as he disembarked

recently took some comedian lady off the t.v on her hols but i can't remember her name

and alex who had not long been out of big brother, and he is far better looking off t.v and very tall:)

Golden Runways
9th Aug 2003, 06:38
Oooh celebs. Good guys:

jimmy hill. Carried him loads. Top humour and top bloke. Was going LGW-MAN to speak at someones funeral (forgotten who) and in the day when you could put him in the flightdeck so he could get off quickly due to delay. Was boarding loads of frenchies on a flight, me saying bonjewar, and he comes up in the middle of them all and says bunjowar yourself. All the little milk couplets were off that day too.

Anthea Turner. Mmmmmmm. I fancy her. She liked the egg sarnie so much I gave her one. I mean another sandwich. Top girl. People love to knock her, but she was fab.

Susan dando, discussed effective pain relief for period pains. Davina mcall and hubby, ben kingsley (nice girlfriend ben), geri haliwell, couldn’t manage to carry her own boarding card (don’t care who you are, ain’t getting on for i see it!), she was ok tho, her scottish assistant much better looking tho. Atomic kitten. They’re all well friendly. David bellamy (he’s dinky), gordon brown. Annoushka hempel and lord weinberg, top couple.
phil collins top bloke too. Gary rhodes, ken hom. Them blokes that present channel 4 driving program, they were well funny and got slaughtered. Funny thing was we only got talking to them cos we told them to shut up during the demo.

Barry Grant off brookside. He was a top bloke. Going to watch footy in milan. Think he’s on ‘the bill’, but don’t watch it. Alex ferguson, dead nice. Anna ryder long name richardson.

Jean claude van damm. SCCM said he was boarding. We all thought she was joking. Never saw him during busy flight. Went to help out at the front before landing, and this tiny bloke kept getting in the way. When the seat belt sign came on i bundled him into his seat. He looked well bemused. Then after the SCCM says that WAS jcvan damm. He was tho, very polite, and cool. Oh and Ronan keating.

The other half:

mandelson, ok he was a really nice bloke. Just didn’t want to like him. Many footballers. None of them from my team so i don’t care. Some thrash metal band boarded in MRS and asked for an upgrade. I said no. When i popped down the back later, they had been chucking screwed up newspapers at each other. They were well funny. I wish i had upgraded them now.

Heard as said that cilla is speechless. Doesn’t speak to crew personally, used to speak via bobby, and now seemingly thru her agent. Notice how she always has a go at anyone she considers ‘posh’. Yet she doesn’t even talk to commoners like us! Still till i meet her, reserve judgement.

My fave occurrence was a divorced royal and special friend. Seated 8A and 8C. Seated in 8B was an obese american who needed an extension seatbelt. German ground staff. No one can tell me the germans have no sense of humour now. Asked for different seats! No upgrade tho. Surely they could afford club?

My main conclusion is, majority of them are cool. And few of them eat much, and just want a bottle of water. And Anthea is my favourite. Jimmy hill as well, but i don’t fancy him. Are these sort of topics created by the people who write Mile High on Sky TV? The ones that cause trouble are usually has-beens/sliders.