PDA

View Full Version : Chopper down in Hartbeespoort Dam

Balloothebear
22nd Jul 2003, 14:32
Just got back to the land of biltong and braaivleis:-local press (Brits Pos and Kormorant) and Sunday Times reported that a helicopter crashed into Hartbeespoort dam last week wednesday?????Pilot and passenger swam to shore and were treated for shock in a Pretoria hospital.
Anyone have anyinfo?:ooh:

Autorotate
22nd Jul 2003, 15:17
Hope they werent trying to give a whole new meaning to Heli Fishing. Usually we come back with the helicopter.

:E

Deanw
22nd Jul 2003, 16:09
The helicopter in question is (was) Entsrom F28C-2 ZS-HNL (438) of Salease (Pty) Ltd.

Glad the water was 'soft' :ooh:

Gunship
28th Jul 2003, 15:05
Salease .. Mr ?Keith? Smith (think ex - Zim oomie ? Is he still alive and well ? Eischh many a year ago that I last saw him.

Anybody has any info ?

Cardinal Puff
28th Jul 2003, 15:29
Ja, boet.... Keith still alive and well and less than 50m from where I sit typing this.

Sounds like it could have been a bit of windgat stuff that put the ship in the drink, but we'll have to wait for the official outcome. Apparently cabin recovered but tail boom still on walkabout....

Balloothebear
28th Jul 2003, 21:25
OK,"Brits Pos" and "Kormorant" have run stories this past week:to sumarise,young PPL-H,22yrs old,takes younger,19yr old ladyfriend or a spin around HBV............door flies open over the dam,close to Peacanwood.....pax cant hold door closed,young PPL leans over to close door.........my donder,nou's ek n onderwater helikopter pilot..............
Eyewitnesses say he was approximatley 30 meters above the water when the incident took place(THIS MAKES MY FRIKKEN BLOOD BOIL CAUSE EVERY WEEKEND SOME PUPE/MICROFRIGHT/HOMEBUILT TRIES TO TAKE THE MAST OFF MY YATCH,OR,THE LINE FROM MY FISHING ROD)Bear scratches his head,maybe instead of looking for the bear nessesities,should start a who's who of which peanut's have been under the magical 500ft mark..........the past saturday and sunday........(remember CARS 91.06.32 .1(B)).........hhhhhhmmmmmmm,anyway I digress,the wreckage was recovered with floats,towed accross to TYC and removed to the owner/operator at Wundertree....waiting with bated breath to see what our overworked,underpaid,teflon cuzzins come up with at CAA...................oh and by the way the pilot and pax are ok..............windgat,die wat nie wil luister nie,die,hy moet voel.:ouch:

Gunship
29th Jul 2003, 10:32
Thanks CP ! Please send my regards to the "old man". He will remember me from the "home land flyng BK117's, the Casa and Citation into Wonderboom on a regular basis for 7 years.

Re Balloo's comments and seeing what Bert posted there is a fine line between a rumour and a "statement".

Balloo has been here for a while (no many posts but since day one he has been from "THE DAM .. Harties" .. so I will as the "judge and jury" recommend here is a good rumour from someone close by and seeinf that CAACHIEF is back again (cheers Chief ... hik :E ) ... he / she can have their own dim / bright view on the subject.

Ok ... ok boys I know the gaf .. boards and paperwork but .... :E