PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Interview - Perth, 26th July

B777Cptn
22nd Jul 2003, 13:40
Hi guys,

This is my first post on PPrune.......im searching for some information.

Emirates are conducting group interviews in Perth this weekend and im gonna be attending. Ive been reading all the other posts in regards to the EK interviews, just wondering if anyone has any last minute advice?

Ive started doing my CPL, and im wondering if its worth mentioning to them that i fly, and that flying is my real ambition. I thought if i could get into Cabin Crew and do that for a few years, it might provide a stepping stone into Flight Deck Crew at a later stage.

What should i do?

Cheers

:O

Nil defects
22nd Jul 2003, 14:35
I thought at first this may be a wind up, but upon reflection maybe it`s not.

As a young CPL holder the most beneficial way to enhance your future career prospects is to gain hours - any way you can.

Cabin crew don`t log hours of course and it would in no way enhance or advance your way into an airline in the future.

So my advice is to skip the cabin crew route and persist in GA via instructing, charter, dropping parachutists or any other way you can think of to gain experience.

The airline that you were having interviews with, require their expat pilots to have 2500 hrs minimum and which must include 1000 hrs on jet aircraft. You`ll NEVER get that serving coffee in the back of an aircaft.

ND

B777Cptn
22nd Jul 2003, 14:48
ND,

Nah mate, this is no wind up at all. I am well aware that Cabin Crew dont log hours, but i spose this is an attempt to get a foot in the door of the industry regardless of the position.

I was more of the mindset that i'll go along with the whole process (EK interview) and then if something actually came of it, well then id assess the situation then.

Cheers

craic1510
22nd Jul 2003, 22:04
good luck mate! I will be there on Sat with a smile too :) Hope you are successful.

craic1510 :ok:

QF skywalker
22nd Jul 2003, 22:23
You`ll NEVER get that serving coffee in the back of an aircaft.

yeh nil defects, coz that's all us ditzy air hostessessss and stewardessess and stewards do, is serve coffee.... right ?

Howz about the people skills,team skills,management skills, company knowledge and everything else he would gain from "serving coffee down the back" ?????

It wouldn't hurt to have some tech crew who have actually had to deal with the public before flying aeroplanes. Maybe you should try it nil defects ? :sad:

B777Cptn
23rd Jul 2003, 08:19
Craic1510,
Likewise mate, all the best for the weekend!!!!! :O

QF skywalker,
Thats the sort of experience that i was thinking may put me in a good position for a flightdeck position later on when ive got a few more hours up my sleeve. People, team and management skills, coupled with good company knowledge have to account for something, surely!!

sirjfp
23rd Jul 2003, 13:33
777 cptn ,

Can honestly advise that I know of 2 ansett cabin crew who made it to the other side of the cockpit door. One with ansett and the other in general aviation flying business jets. It is possible to do. I guess one thing going in your favour would be your operating knowledge of the industry in general . The guys I know of virtually spent their time off flying and used the cabin crew wage to pay for it until they got a paid G.A position.

Good luck to you.

B777Cptn
23rd Jul 2003, 15:34
Exactly!!!!!

Thats the plan.....we'll see how it goes tho.

:O

tykon
3rd Aug 2003, 21:37
B777Cptn

Why do you call yourself that when you dont even have your cpl?
SPose you call yourself that cause you want to get to be that huh?

Trust me, do not say that you want to get to the other side, as they will strike you off straight away. Why would you want to train someone then they leave the first chance they get.

I know of a few guys at virgin who got struck off straight away at their interviews for bag chucking because they said they wanted to use the position as a stepping stone.