PDA

View Full Version : wedding dress in long haul flight

fluffycloud
21st Jul 2003, 22:18
A friend has asked for information. She is getting married in Aus later this year flying with Qantas. She has been informed that on the London -Brisbane flight that she is not allowed to hang her wedding dress up in economy. Is this correct? Is there anyway she can plead her case to the airline and request that the dress be allowed to be hung up somewhere on the plane (not in the luggage hold).

Many thanks for any assistance

kenoco
22nd Jul 2003, 00:33
Allo,if u ask nicely they normally would have no problem hanging it up in first class,if i was the purser on that flight i would do it no problem xxM.

leemo
22nd Jul 2003, 09:08
Ask the ground staff to put the request on the customer manifest. That way the operating CSM should be aware before you board the flight.

As you get on board politely ask if there is somewhere you can hang the dress.

Most CSM's should not have a problem with it and would be happy to hang it in business or first.

If the wardrobes are full though then its business and first class customers first I'm afraid.

Have a good wedding.

missleadfoot
22nd Jul 2003, 17:43
I dont want to sound naive, but do wedding dresses still come packed in a "coffin sized box"?? I don't know cause I'm still waiting for the day, but my mothers dress is packed in something that you would only be able to freight!! Ask the airline if they have special packaging for this type of dress and it can go as checked baggage. Second thoughts, you turning up to the wedding with no dress cause it went on another plane and to another destination is frightening.
I am sure airlines are experienced in this, they musy be able to assist somehow.