PDA

View Full Version : Sector charts

thrust_reverse
21st Jul 2003, 17:30
Hi all,

I'm looking for sector-charts for the european airspace. Does anyone know where I can find/get them?

I really tired of trying to avoid touting through sectors that have been regulated by CFMU and not exactly knowing where these sectors really are. Maybe you know my problem...

Brgds

thrust reverse

boredcounter
22nd Jul 2003, 03:52
Like Rescue3 say's they are available, cheap as well...........Then they get corrupted as sectors are collapsed, restriction 'codes' on your slots, that are absent from the current ANM. Even with all the info you could poss want, what lies above,below,N,S,E or west of said sector? The Joker, restrictions listed as FL320 and above, still apear, only worse @ 280.

Learn your company flying programme and routes used. Learn to compare like for like. I.e. we have a small route network, with groups of like destinations. BHX-CPH routes thru EGCLN, BHX-GOT routes via EG29, if one is slot'd with a delay, and the other isn't, see the point.

If you have access to CIA, monitor it, (sorry your profile tells me bo diddly) assess like routes of other carriers. Read the Network News, EGDLD will not appear (I stand to be corrected) on the charts, it is a corrupted, collapsed sector. Network News will tell you DVR and LYD sectors collapsed/combined 0700-1000, hence EGDLD.

Never forget, the BRU/PAR computers know more than you, you can file any level you wish if available, the puters have a profile for you a/c type.............

Not wishing at all to patronise, feel the force, have the courage of your convictions to try something (but early), with a CHG message. Never CANX and refile as you learn. the worst that can happen is a MAN message, but hey, you are STD-4 hours.

You got a specific (common) scenario in mind. Please quote, I will look at it, and get back to you.
Never,never YOYO, speaks for itself.

Bored