View Full Version : Anyone in Kuwait???

BadAndy
21st Jul 2003, 13:25
I have some general questions about life in Kuwait City, for anyone that is there right now. I start recurrent tomorrow, and will be based in Kuwait City in a week or two. I'm trying to figure out what to bring, what not to bring, etc... If anyone is there and has some suggestions, could you email me at [email protected] please? Thanks in advance.

Bad Andy

Loopy
21st Jul 2003, 19:54
Take a body armor:ooh:

This was already discussed here

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=91864

BadAndy
21st Jul 2003, 21:42
Loopy,

Thanks for the link. But, I already read that entire thread. I don't want to get into a debate on whether or not to go. Nor to I want to get into a debate with anyone about quality of life here -vs.- there, etc. I just want some general info on what to bring, what not to bring, local customs, etc... I just want to avoid being the "Ugly American".

So, again, if anyone is there and has some specifics, could you email me, please? I have some specific questions. Thanks.

mutt
22nd Jul 2003, 03:42
SUNTAN LOTION...........

Mutt......

homesick rae
22nd Jul 2003, 21:46
...an open mind!

jet4hire
23rd Jul 2003, 01:03
I have been in Kuwait and Qatar my personal experience is that as a city Kuwait is nice and more cosmopolitan than other regions in the gulf!!! alot more richier country in many aspects although you have to watch out for the airline and management itself the people are very cold "ragardles of the hot WX" and they do not make you feel at home especially in the Chief Pilots Office and his personnel they were very unprofessional and unfriendly!!!! the deputy chief pilot is a total a#$% hole!
there is on Indian fellow who its a real team player!!!

My experience with the Qataries was Excellent professional and ethical!! and they do know how to make feel at home!!!

Cheers!!!

And bring more dollars!!! 3.30 usd to kd very expensive city and some places if they see you with a real american look they eill try to abuse you!!!

Prong Wallop
24th Jul 2003, 15:04
Kuwait is the most boring unhealthy dust ridden place on earth

BadAndy
26th Jul 2003, 04:13
Zoltan,

I got your email, but can't respond. It says you're email is turned off on here. E-mail me again, with your email address and I'll get back to you before I hread over there next week.

Andy (yep, you had the right one...)

Sheep Guts
26th Jul 2003, 06:16
Ive never been . But I have quite a few good Ex Ozzie Air Force mates there. They work for a US Contract company supporting Kuwaity Air Force F/A-18hornets.

ANOTHER mate just left, hed been there fro 4 years, he enjoyed it ok but eventually it catches up with you. Use your leave wisely and go to Europe or whereever. Me mate did that, towards the end though he had a gutfull, especially after the Iraqi Silkworm Missile landed on his front porch and blew out his front window while watching Sky News:uhoh: :sad:

That was it for hIM, he left the sandpit for sunny Oz.........

Regards
Sheep