PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal Salary ( Law change)

monarchgirl
20th Jul 2003, 16:27
Have recently found out thet the law has changed as far as salary is concerned for seasonal temps ( came into place last year). Apparantly, they have to be paid the same as permanent crew. I'm being paid far less at Monarch, and I know other companies have not complied apart from Mytravel who are paying temps the same wage (£11,019)

Are these companies not breaking the law? Have phoned my union rep, over a week ago, has not called back and saw them in crew room yesterday so I know has not been on a trip! seems a bit shifty to me!

Psr777
20th Jul 2003, 22:45
monarchgirl,

As far as I am aware, the only change in the law was that temporary staff must be treated the same as permanent staff. What you have to remember, is that payscales increase according to the amount of time you have spent at a particular company.

What happened in my company is that the payscale for temp crew was added to the bottom of the permanent staff scale. therefore in future, new staff will start on the lower rate. This is legal as you are being treated the same as if you were employed permanently.

The other thing that you should now have benefit of, is temporary staff have the same entitlement to leave, concessions(in house only though, as IATA has strict guidlelines so interline is not abused), maternity/paternity leave, sick pay and all the rest of the goodies you get when you are permanent. If you have not been offered any of these, then get back in touch with your union.

Hope this helps

:ok: :ok:

monarchgirl
21st Jul 2003, 02:54
Thanks for info. We do not have any of what you have said in place! No paid sick leave, no annual leave ( actually get 1 week but cannot put in for it in the season, so get the weeks pay when we leave the company) No staff travel nothing!! Will defo get in touch with union.